DIY: MAKE SECONDRY DRUMSTICK HOLDERS/TUBES!
if you are like myself and like making or 'DIY'ing parts for your kits you'll love this.
i know you might be alble to buy these stick holders from a music store but you get this fuzzy feeling when you drop your sticks ingig and get to see your master creation for a half rest! hahaha. so go ahead, follow these steps and keep rocking!
1) you'll need:
- 2 peices of polypipe. The circumfrence stick size.
- a common drum stand clamp.
- a small screw and vairous tools.
- and of course, your sticks!
2) cut you lengths of polypipe to arround 30cm (12") and paint them what ever coulour you like.
3) using a thread drill bit. drill a hole that corresponds to your screw throught the clamp.( your screw needs to be flush with the inner ring of the clamp, it will mosty likely be only
5-6mm in length.
4) cut a whole in the pipe, about halfway. the outside cut has to be big enough to fit a screwdriver in it and the inner one has to be the circumfrence of the screw.
5) make sure the screw fits in both and add some oil so that it will freely move. screw both items together and angle it to what ever desires you. the angle can be changed later on with a screw.
6) tape both pipes together and stand back and admire!
TELL ME IF YOU MADE IT AND HOW IT WENT! ANY Q's? FEEL FREE TO ASK. GOOD LUCK
- PDP BX - ZILDJIAN - UFIP- [MINDS EYE] - REMO - PROMARK - GIBRALTER-
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|