DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-14-2018, 03:17 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Do you have a piece of equipment that you've used since day 1 and still use it regularly?

Please tell me that someone other than me wanted to mention their genitals.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:20 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Do you have a piece of equipment that you've used since day 1 and still use it regularly?

I have a Zildjian Rock 21 ride cymbal and a set of Paiste 2002 SoundEdge 14" hats from the early 70's ('73?) that I still use with my Sonor kit.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:26 AM

Bought in 1978 a Zildjian Rock Ride that I still use. I was in Jr. High.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 AM

My hi hat, DW 5000, that I got in 92 that I still use to this day. I didn't get it when I first started, but it's my oldest piece of gear, and I've never had any issues with it.

DW, Sabian, Axis, Gibraltar
Old 12-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member

I've noticed that although my gear comes and goes, the one thing that hasn't changed since Day ONE (which is ALOT of days ago now), is the size of my drumstick: the 5A. I can use other sizes, and between the ages of 5 - 9 I was banging around on 7A's, but when I found 5A's, I just kinda stayed there. Before Vic Firth came around, I was using Regal Tip 5A's, or ProMark 5A's, but once I happened Vic Firth when they came out in the late 70s (?), I just stayed there.

Just recently I tried to go a little fatter and tried those 55A's Vic makes, and it was obvious I didn't like them on a gig.

Same thing with my brushes, since age 7, it's always been those Regal Tip retractable ones that are covered in rubber.

I suppose I could say that since Day TWO, I've always used my Reunion Blues leather stick and cymbal bags. I've only owned one other stick and cymbal bag before these and that was over 30 years ago now. Wow.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

I have used the same Zildjian 20 inch rock ride and Wuhan 20 inch China since the day I got them both. 95 I think was the year I got them both.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:38 PM

Still have a 22" A Zildjian hollow logo medium ride, I bought it used probably in the late seventies, made it to a sizzle ride with four rivets sometime down the line and I played it yesterday along with a K con 22" medium ride. If I sell one of them it'll be the K con, the A will remain, it's something about it, how it blends with the music that is perfect.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:08 PM
Gold Member

Only played 4 years.. so all of my stuff is pretty much day one, other than cymbals which i think will change non stop forever when i see good deals:) The only piece i know i would never replace is my drumnetics pedal.. it's just perfection.

I can't wait to replace my dw's though... Eventually will find the right deal on yamahas and that will be my forever kit :)