DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Getting madder by the day

I would be furious too. What a bunch of slackers! I wouldn't just furious, I would be absolutely livid.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDDrummer View Post
I think maybe you misread Bob's post. The systems sends a tracking # when the label is generated. Then it it sends an update every time the label is scanned as it moves to various facilities along the route.
That is what I meant.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 PM

With any luck...

That seems like a pretty clear statement.

Peace, MT
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 PM
Gold Member

Take into account that the worst winter storm in a long time was upon that area too. I know a lot of UPS guys who ended up having a ton of backlog deliveries.

Best Regards,
Bill Ray
http://billraydrums.com
Old 01-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
That is what I meant.
See, I understand ya, Bob!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
I think maybe you misread Bob's post. The systems sends a tracking # when the label is generated. Then it it sends an update every time the label is scanned as it moves to various facilities along the route.
No I got it, it's not always correct. There are physical scans and logical scans in the UPS system, meaning a package does not always need be scanned to show movement. No biggie, just being factual.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
No I got it, it's not always correct. There are physical scans and logical scans in the UPS system, meaning a package does not always need be scanned to show movement. No biggie, just being factual.
Gotcha. From a consumer's point of view, a "scan" shows movement, even if the individual package isn't scanned.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Gotcha. From a consumer's point of view, a "scan" shows movement, even if the individual package isn't scanned.
Yeah, it's somewhat misleading. Most often I hear customers complain (rightfully so) that, when tracking online, a package was shown as "delivered", or at least arrived at a local package center, when the movement was actually all false logical scans generated by UPS's system - and the package is really still in Timbuktu. :D

Anyway, hopefully those Club Date's arrive for the OP soon to relieve the "madness". ;)
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJD View Post
Wow......gotta sober up.....I dont actually remember writing anything last night. Apologies. It's a topic i had to start studying to make sure i was composing art songs well. For English the best lyrical stuff and the easiest to set to music tends to be Elizabethan era. The first one, not our the current one. Gotta know the meanings that the poet was using at the time to properly express the stuff musically. Again, apologies to the OP. I must remember to refrain from posting while highly intoxicated.
So you got highly intoxicated while studying Elizabethan poetry to get the meanings of the words right, words that you were setting to art songs you were composing, while at the same time you were perusing the DrummerWorld discussion forum, and you were studying those Elizabethan words so hard and you were so drunk that you forgot what "mad" means in today's common usage as it was used in the thread-title when you wrote your reply.

That's some night you had!

(Sorry to go off-topic again. I just wanted to get all that straight.)
Old 01-20-2014, 02:50 AM

I apologize ahead of time, but this must be some sort of forum joke, I do not get. Elizabethian poetry, UPS tracking, alcohol abuse, winter storms. Come on, there must be something better we can discuss than this stuff. The guy will get his drums, they will be in great shape and he will be thrilled with a great kit. I just log in and this thing is still going on, amazing. If nothing else comes up on the forum I am going to start a thread about what a poor drummer I am, anything!
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by con struct View Post
So you got highly intoxicated while studying Elizabethan poetry to get the meanings of the words right, words that you were setting to art songs you were composing, while at the same time you were perusing the DrummerWorld discussion forum, and you were studying those Elizabethan words so hard and you were so drunk that you forgot what "mad" means in today's common usage as it was used in the thread-title when you wrote your reply.

That's some night you had!

(Sorry to go off-topic again. I just wanted to get all that straight.)
Well the score for tenor and string quartet seems to bear out your summary admirably. Some really odd harmonies....would be a nightmare to perform. Yeah....i had minor surgery on friday and they gave me oxycodone for it. I'm thinking i took one too many last night. I don't remember writing the song, though the pencil stubs and the fact that it's in my handwriting mean i must have, and i don't remember posting. I do apologize. I reread the posts and i'm actualy surprised that any of it is even semi lucid.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:48 AM
Platinum Member

On the positive side, I own a 2012 Ludwig Club Date SE Fab 3 kit. I also have the matching snare which I purchased afterwards.
They are great drums and I am sure that drumming bliss will abound when the goods reach their intended destination.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Well the score for tenor and string quartet seems to bear out your summary admirably. Some really odd harmonies....would be a nightmare to perform. Yeah....i had minor surgery on friday and they gave me oxycodone for it. I'm thinking i took one too many last night. I don't remember writing the song, though the pencil stubs and the fact that it's in my handwriting mean i must have, and i don't remember posting. I do apologize. I reread the posts and i'm actualy surprised that any of it is even semi lucid.
Whoaa dude, this is very off topic, but they gave you oxy? And you drank? Listen to me, I have seen the great side of rock n roll, but I have also buried several friends. Oxy is highly addictive, I understand you are in pain from surgery, but you need to get a scrip for something else (Hydrocodone, Vicadine, Percasete). Seriously that stuff is bad news, we do not want to lose a member of this forum because of scrip pills. Tomorrow is Monday, call your Doc and ask for something else. Please!!

And no my real profession is not drummer, I am in Healthcare.
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-20-2014, 05:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand1969 View Post
Oxy is highly addictive, I understand you are in pain from surgery, but you need to get a scrip for something else (Hydrocodone, Vicadine, Percasete).

And no my real profession is not drummer, I am in Healthcare.
Excuse me, Percoset is oxycodone, and no I wouldn't combine it with alcohol. That's what killed the Rev.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Silver Member

I HAVE A TRACKING # They will arrive tomorrow!!!! Dont beat me up to much, as more than a few of you guys told me to relax.. I Called the store and thank them 4 understanding.Brad is a good guy.In the end he did admit there was a glitch at his store As the ludwig warehouse DID Send a email with the # but they didnt get it out... he was cool during my whole exp.Few Phone calls ,and a few emails..Pics hopefully tomorrow.Thanks again to all who posted good or bad.What a great resource for the drumming world. Love this wonderful Forum!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-customs View Post
I HAVE A TRACKING # They will arrive tomorrow!!!! Dont beat me up to much, as more than a few of you guys told me to relax.. I Called the store and thank them 4 understanding.Brad is a good guy.In the end he did admit there was a glitch at his store As the ludwig warehouse DID Send a email with the # but they didnt get it out... he was cool during my whole exp.Few Phone calls ,and a few emails..Pics hopefully tomorrow.Thanks again to all who posted good or bad.What a great resource for the drumming world. Love this wonderful Forum!!!
Great news! Can't wait to see them.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
Excuse me, Percoset is oxycodone, and no I wouldn't combine it with alcohol. That's what killed the Rev.
Good deal, I apologize if I came across preaching, this was not my intent. It just worried me and I felt I should say something. I hope you accept my apology.
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-21-2014, 03:47 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Good deal, I apologize if I came across preaching, this was not my intent. It just worried me and I felt I should say something. I hope you accept my apology.
I actually didn't drink on purpose. Someone else had a rum and coke and they put it next to my glass. then they grabbed mine and i grabbed theres accidentally and i stupidly thinking it was the soda i just put down drank the whole thing in one shot. Somewhat large glass unfortunately. Total accident, I don't drink at all normally so i don't have any alcohol tolerance to begin with. Add the oxy and well....strange things happen. Bad news all around. I do apologize for worrying you. I stopped taking the pills when i woke up and wasnt in pain anymore at any rate. Honestly, not a fan of heavy opiates. They screw up my timing
Old 01-21-2014, 05:39 AM

Quote:
I actually didn't drink on purpose. Someone else had a rum and coke and they put it next to my glass. then they grabbed mine and i grabbed theres accidentally and i stupidly thinking it was the soda i just put down drank the whole thing in one shot. Somewhat large glass unfortunately. Total accident, I don't drink at all normally so i don't have any alcohol tolerance to begin with. Add the oxy and well....strange things happen. Bad news all around. I do apologize for worrying you. I stopped taking the pills when i woke up and wasnt in pain anymore at any rate. Honestly, not a fan of heavy opiates. They screw up my timing
I have had the "pleasure" of burying 3 musicians in my 44 years. 2 of them were my lead guitarists, 1 went by drug induced suicide, the 2nd was a heroine OD and the 3rd was an incredible piano player who let the alcohol take him (He was my Dad).

Well enough with that, we all have our stories, I am just glad you are OK and pain free and that you accepted my apology for preaching. Take care of yourself !
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The plot thickens.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Silver Member

Congrats on getting it straightened out. All is well that ends well, eh? Let us know how
they are....whatcha' think!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
No worries, man. I just happened to know that Percoset is oxycodone. Percoset is the name brand whereas oxycodone is the generic name. I only know because my mom uses it. Luckily, I've never had to use pain pills. Just over-the-counter stuff.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
No worries, man. I just happened to know that Percoset is oxycodone. Percoset is the name brand whereas oxycodone is the generic name. I only know because my mom uses it. Luckily, I've never had to use pain pills. Just over-the-counter stuff.
I believe percocet is oxycodone w/ acetaminophen. Roxicodone is only the oxycodone. These are more desirable for the rec user..lol
Old 01-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Silver Member

Cant make me pics smaller to post as promised ,but was able to get them if you click on my profile name.Maybe someone can post on here?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Cant make me pics smaller to post as promised ,but was able to get them if you click on my profile name.Maybe someone can post on here?
Looking good! Are you happy? :)

(BTW, you can use any number of programs to resize pics. Irfanview is an easy-to-use one.)
Old 01-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member

You should create an account at a photo hosting site like photobucket or imageshack. From there you can upload and resize your pics and generate code for posting on forums. Learning a few internet skills never hurts. Once you know how it's really easy.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Looking good! Are you happy? :)

(BTW, you can use any number of programs to resize pics. Irfanview is an easy-to-use one.)
Thanks,The only downer for me is the spurs Would like them a wee longer,Both toms really sing, Lots of Tone for the small sizes....haven't got the bass drum in her sweet spot yet Might try a pillow but dont want to choke the drum either.....Will be back at it today as im off Today........
Old 01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks,The only downer for me is the spurs Would like them a wee longer,
I noticed in your pic that you reversed the spurs. In other words you have the left spur on the right and right on the left. They should curve inward not outward. Might help with the height.