DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM

Default Removing a sticker?

Sup guys. I have a lovely drum kit, PDP805, white on white in the smaller shell size (I want to say 18x20 kick? 18x22?). Bought them used two years ago at Gutar Center. They are. Worn but in good shape, the only thing that bugs me is there is a very large (16x4 probably) sticker across. The top of the bass drum. It's black and white and advertising Animal bikes (it took me ages to figure out the logo!). It's not so bad, and since it just says Animal (who happens to be my favorite muppet), I am fine if I can't get it off, but if I could that would be great!

What kind of things can I use to take the residue off and help get any leftover pieces off without hurting the finish? I am afrade to try different solvents or goo gone since I don't know what the color coating is. I also don't want to get halfway through and find out that I can't get the rest of it off (worse than just leaving it IMHO).

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,
x_25
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Anthony Amodeo

Default Re: Removing a sticker?

the owners of Animal are friends of mine....nice to see they are being advertised on your bass drum ... :)

does it have the Griffin logo (bird head) ?

if you don't want it there just tear it off and hit the reside with some Goo Gone and it will be like it was never there.

if it is a wrap the goo gone should not affect it at all

....on another note I find it quite strange that you don't know what size your bass drum is
have you not bought a head for it in the 2 years that you have owned it ?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Amodeo View Post
the owners of Animal are friends of mine....nice to see they are being advertised on your bass drum ... :)

does it have the Griffin logo (bird head) ?

if you don't want it there just tear it off and hit the reside with some Goo Gone and it will be like it was never there.

if it is a wrap the goo gone should not affect it at all

....on another note I find it quite strange that you don't know what size your bass drum is
have you not bought a head for it in the 2 years that you have owned it ?
Yep, it has the Griffin on it. Actually, it had a giant version of that logo on the resonant head it came with too. That probably would still be there if the mic hole hadn't been cut using a box cutter by the previous owner. Any chance any of those guys owned a white 805 kit or something? I picked it up in your neck of the woods at the Totowa GC.

Also, I will check to see if it's a wrap or paint. I am not sure what drum wrap is made from (some sort of plastic I assume) but it's good to hear goo gone will take care of it. Thanks for the tip!

And as far as the size, I sadly don't get to play this kit much. It lives in the closet at home most of the time. There is just no space to have a full kit set up perminantly and my dad would nix any regular practice fairly quickly. In other words, I havn't needed to replace the heads more than once so far.

I recently got an electronic kit so i can finnaly practice at home. I also won't leave this kit where my band practices, since it is an unheated/non airconditioned garage that needs a new door an other repairs. So it is genneraly the same temperature as outside, unless the dryer is running, since some genious decided to leave it venting into the garage.... I have a pearl export series that I got cheep that lives there.

I knew the sizes when I bought it and replaced the heads, but seem to forget it all the time. Don't know why. I just know the 805's were available in two sizes, one with a 24" kick and one with a smaller one. And I have the later. I decided it wasn't worth dragging around the full rock sized kit.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

I agree with using Goo Gone. Peace and goodwill.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_25 View Post
...who happens to be my favorite muppet...
. . .
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM

@Mad About Drums: ha! Nice. Did you make that or find it?

And I did some digging. It's a 20x18 kick for anyone wondering.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_25 View Post
@Mad About Drums: ha! Nice. Did you make that or find it?
It's home made sir :)

Like most of my little creations for the forum, lol...

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...d.php?t=101524
Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member

If you have any WD-40 lying around, that'll do the trick too.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Gold Member

Try peanut butter. Yeah, I know - sounds weird. It works as I've used it to remove residue from containers. Safe too. Test to see it doesn't stain the finish though. When you're done, grab some jelly and bread.