DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Default high quality drumless (mp3 320Kbps, optional click track)

Hello, all!

First, sorry for language, I am russian.

It's been a while since drummer's community suddenly get a bunch of original songs minus drums (drumless) - Metallica, Blink-182, RHCP, and so on. They all leaked from Guitar Hero and Rock Band game series.

The problem is - most of the mp3s I downloaded were not so good in terms of quality, to say the least: low bitrate 128Kb, distortion peaks, sometimes mono instead of stereo, etc.

I can re-mix and re-compress any of these tracks in pristine quality, using in-game data for proper channel attenuation (to prevent clipping) and channel panning (for proper stereo effect), using high bitrate storing and decent resampler for 44100. The result is perfect, near CD quality! Also, i can make drumless variations with click added - very useful for recording and practicing, and "drums only" track - just for fun & learning.

Try the example of such work: http://www.multiupload.com/YR8OFVZ1Y0

this is a pack of 5 songs:

Coldplay - In My Place
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
Metallica - One
Oasis - Wonderwall
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow ((Hey Oh))

please, give some feedback... do you like it?
Thank you!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Rango
This message has been deleted by Rango.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: high quality drumless (mp3 320Kbps, optional click track)

downloading now mate, will let you know
greetings from uk ))))
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

great stuff mate! i'm sure there are people here who could use them
do you have a server with more?
Old 01-11-2012, 05:07 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM

thank you for comment)

here is one more pack, a big one: http://www.multiupload.com/8XUA6Q5DI9
i made these tracks for some of my customers last year

you know, you may use metronome-version when recording in headphones and if everything went ok, mixdown your drums with no-click version. Resulting an awesome tape of you, playing. Good timing without annoying clicks! ))) tracks aligned to each other, so, sync problems will not occur, just replace track you played along with with no-click in your editing software, thats all.

>greetings from uk ))))

hello you too) I live in Kazan, this is about 800km from Moscow, playing drums for 7+ years
Old 01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Rango
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM

virtually i can make any drumless from this list http://www.original-minus.ru/1050107...310861075.html

but i can't do them all - it takes a lot of time.. if you are interested in a specific song you may ask me
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM

Thank you very much, Awesome work!

There's a lot of songs I like at the page and packs you posted, but I'd love to have the song "Fito & Fitipaldis - Por La Boca Vive El Pez" with click track.

Greetings from Spain!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
hello you too) I live in Kazan, this is about 800km from Moscow, playing drums for 7+ years
great! rubin )))
i meet a nice guy from moscow in the summer
Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 AM

> There's a lot of songs I like at the page and packs you posted, but I'd love to have the song "Fito & Fitipaldis - Por La Boca Vive El Pez" with click track.

ok, I'll mix it when i have some time ) hello you too!

> great! rubin )))

right )
rubin = kazan football
ak-bars = kazan hockey

for those of you who afraid legal issues: I use my Xbox 360 console and a bunch of Guitar Hero & Rock Band games i bought legally. I do not spread original files they protect (multichannel tracks - separate bass drum, snare, etc), just my own custom mixes of them. Plus a bit of creativity adding clicks in Cubase using game's datas. I do not think this is illegal, at least here, in Russia )
Old 01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
> There's a lot of songs I like at the page and packs you posted, but I'd love to have the song "Fito & Fitipaldis - Por La Boca Vive El Pez" with click track.

ok, I'll mix it when i have some time ) hello you too!

> great! rubin )))

right )
rubin = kazan football
ak-bars = kazan hockey

for those of you who afraid legal issues: I use my Xbox 360 console and a bunch of Guitar Hero & Rock Band games i bought legally. I do not spread original files they protect (multichannel tracks - separate bass drum, snare, etc), just my own custom mixes of them. Plus a bit of creativity adding clicks in Cubase using game's datas. I do not think this is illegal, at least here, in Russia )
even if it is illegal i don't mind. do you have an e-mail address? encase this thread does end up getting taken down
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Rango
This message has been deleted by Rango. Reason: old
Old 01-14-2012, 08:18 AM

one more pack: http://www.multiupload.com/DR3EIXU84P

Enjoy!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resakosix View Post
Thank you very much, Awesome work!

There's a lot of songs I like at the page and packs you posted, but I'd love to have the song "Fito & Fitipaldis - Por La Boca Vive El Pez" with click track.

Greetings from Spain!
done, here: http://www.multiupload.com/C6AS9EQ6A6
Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
WOW, thank you very much!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM

Hello, i'm going to launch website where everyone can order hq drumless tracks for a small fee... But as i said, i am not from english-speaking country, so i would be VERY appreciated for help! could you guys with native english examine text for errors (& maybe make it more easy-reading)? Thank you!

Hello and welcome to *******.com!

Tired of practicing drums, guitar or bass all alone?
Considering to record a decent promo tape?
Or just entertain yourself by playing with world-class rock bands minus YOUR instrument?

Whatever it is, now you can change your entire music experience! We offer an individual instrument playalongs, as well as vocal backtracks. Almost all our songs are based on master recordings, with original vocals and sound!

Here are some key advantages our service has:

- All playalongs come from the highest quality source material. Just LISTEN to check it!
- For drummers we offer TWO versions of the same playalong for the price of one: pure track - all band except drummer - and the one with click track added (a metronome). This could be very helpful in recording sessions! Again, look at the free samples to taste this feature. It is also an option for other musicians too, but drummers will appreciate it first of all, we think.
- Last, but not least, we give original SOLO track recordings, i.e. “only drums” or “only guitar” to help you familiarize with musicians feel better, and study his or her part very close.

Of course, all orders include a full song track (complete band mix). For your convenience tracks are encoded at the highest possible quality (320Kbps) using LAME MP3 encoder, so there will be no audible loss from the original file.

Last edited by Rango; 01-22-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Gold Member

I've tried but keep getting an error message, "try refreshing your page". I'm using a mac - is this the problem?

Davo
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Rango
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but there already companies doing this- I wont list their names on here as that wouldn't be very nice of me but just saying it's not a completely new concept
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-4 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but there already companies doing this- I wont list their names on here as that wouldn't be very nice of me but just saying it's not a completely new concept
i think you may give a link... i won't be offended :)
moreover it's interesting to see if someone did the same how he did it

UPDATED:
thanks, i got your link ))
cool site, but indeed songs aren't originals - and this is important!
one thing is to play along with real band records, Metallica for example, and completly another to play with some unknown vocalist & midi-like instruments

Last edited by Rango; 01-22-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM

any help? )))
my text - does it have errors?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:12 PM

Hi,

I'm not an English native speaker so I can't say if yout text is 100% ok, or not.

But I can tell you that you should check if this website will be legal or not in your country. In Spain (where I live), you couldn't do a website where you mix other's copyrighted tunes and ask money for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm telling you nothing about ethic, only warning you that you could have law problems with that website.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Hi,

But I can tell you that you should check if this website will be legal or not in your country. In Spain (where I live), you couldn't do a website where you mix other's copyrighted tunes and ask money for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm telling you nothing about ethic, only warning you that you could have law problems with that website.
Thanks for warning man, but i tell you a "secret": our goverment is completly ILLEGAL itself (= not legitimate). The ruling party Единая Россия (oh, theirs true name "The party of Rogues and Thieves" - everyone knows it, - and the most funny thing they TAKE it too, even made promo(commercial) with that name (партия жуликов и воров).. this is crazy... you dont believe? look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAv54E-zrC4&lr=1 ), so 1st they "draw" themselfves >30% votes on 2011 elections. HUNDREDS of proofs, incuding copies of protocols, observer videos, etc - courts & police just ignore them... It would be national anecdote if it wasnt a tragedy... And 2nd, now we have "elections of Putin" in march 2012! We (opposition) are just bander-logs. current "president" Medvedev just a puppet, chosen by Master for a "pause". Now His Majesty goes for the third presidential term (forth also planned).

p.s.sorry for all that stuff... просто наболело :(

UPDATE:

sorry again for offtopic, but here some info for curious..
just begin typing 4 russian letters in google "парт" and he suggests you "партия жуликов и воров" ))) Our great & beloved er.ru (take off hats, mortals, coming here, to Sanctuary :)
this is what youtube shows 1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0o5qTwTiIk (video chorus: "vote for any except Party of Rogues & Thiefs!")
Putin's motorcade (90 cars!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui07fFn4UWA

The official media keep telling us that Putin's rating is 52% - bullshit. 10 times lower... All country knows it but can't do anything with upcoming March falsifications - Putin controls secret services, police, courts & army. Formally Medvedev does, but he is Putin's avatar. :(

it seems hopeless, but after 4/12/2011 parliament elections where ПЖиВ "gathered" again the majority voices (state Chechnya officially reported 99.6% votes for them) some Moscow citizens next day start to protest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoTeFgt6JQ (caution, LOUD!). Of course police took them all, and this wasnt on any TV channel.. only the internet gives opportunity to know the truth.

Last edited by Rango; 01-26-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Crap, the website for these drumless tracks has been taken out of the posts so I don't know where it is. Great!

Frickin megaupload has been shut down by our wonderful government.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Platinum Member

message the dude privately i'm sure he'll check back
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 AM

<offtopic>
I've searched through the videos you posted and I'm shocked with the falsification of the elections, and the government situation. It's unbelievable.
</offtopic>

Awesome work with the covers you posted. I'll keep an eye on this post to make an order when your website gets online.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
<offtopic>
I've searched through the videos you posted and I'm shocked with the falsification of the elections, and the government situation. It's unbelievable.
</offtopic>
offtopic mode: ON

btw, president Medvedev... did you know the word 'medved' (медведь) means 'bear'? It's a common word, not special or smth. Kind of national totem animal and also an Official symbol of ruling party (http://abali.ru/wp-content/uploads/2...ya_rossiya.png) Imagine an elected american president's name would be... let say.. mr. Baldeagle? )) funny but reality here!

Medvedev is Putin's protege - nobody knew him till the last months of 2008 campaign. During his years he did practically nothing. Memorable deeds: he renamed милиция то police, reduced time zones, cancelled 'winter time' (+1 hour for daylight saving). Maybe smth else i forgot... In oct 2011 he officially recomended premier Putin as the next president. Before that some people had doubts about theirs dependency... Now all doubts gone, people call this a "castling". Medvedev's true goal was to help Putin to elude Constitution which prohibits more than 2 terms IN SEQUENCE. Recently Duma (parliament) expanded next presidental term from 4 to 6 years... so, another 12 years of living with "Владимир Владимирович"?

Putin has has an unofficial palace in Caucas with several helipads, fountains etc. (google "Putin palace"), his 'known' wealth exceeds 20-30 billion $, unknown - bigger. Many childhood friends became billionaires too (some of them are in Forbes list).

offtopic mode: OFF

Quote:
Awesome work with the covers you posted. I'll keep an eye on this post to make an order when your website gets online.
Thank you! I try my best but the main problem to me is payments from outside to Russia. Paypal, VISA etc. don't work. Maybe Bitcoin? They are anonymous and independent, afaik...

Last edited by Rango; 01-29-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:52 PM

It seems that 1st link banned on all servers, except Wupload - hooray to them :)
if someone wasn't able to download he can try Wupload, at least the link works now.

--- Some info about drumless orders ---

1. First and foremost - this will NOT be an online shopping service! You will not be able instantly download a track after payment like in iTunes - because your drumless song simply does not exists at that moment. I have to do manually all the work (decoding, mixing, etc.). So I need to react on your request and process it, remeber don't panic too fast. :) I assure I'll do my best to process your order as fast as i can and give you a personal download link via e-mail (i think 1-2 days).

2. Will be 2 versions of an order with different price. Common pack (3 tracks on each song - full, drumless, drum solo) and Extended with additional drumless with click. This is due to fact that making metronome-version drumless consumes considerably more time. Also some songs (about 10% in a list) can't be done with a metronome right now. I'll note such songs later.

So,
Common = 2$ each song
Extended = 4$ each song
(maybe price will change later - dont know)

3. Feel free to share files that you get from me. At least i don't mind against this...

4. Right now the only way to make a purchase is to mail me (dancing.sphinx@gmail.com) and pay using Liberty Reserve USD (http://www.libertyreserve.com). I know this is not so easy like Paypal or credit card, but Paypal don't work for Russia and i dont have bank account. I guess there are LR USD - Paypal exchange services in the web... Also you may use Bitcoin. Current BTC/$ - http://bitcoinwatch.com/ (we must discuss order price by email, because exchange course very volatile). Bitcoin is an internet "geek" p2p cryptocurrency, goverments independent, very interesting!

You may try order a song already )) Thank you!

Last edited by Rango; 01-28-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 AM

are you getting these track from games like guitar hero and garage band? its okay to record songs through guitar hero and stuff, when you buy the game your buying the rights to use the songs and individual tracks as however you please because you bought the game and the rights and no one would care that your recording separate tracks to use, when you start to sell the tracks i'd just be a little careful about it
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LpZil91 View Post
are you getting these track from games like guitar hero and garage band? its okay to record songs through guitar hero and stuff, when you buy the game your buying the rights to use the songs and individual tracks as however you please because you bought the game and the rights and no one would care that your recording separate tracks to use, when you start to sell the tracks i'd just be a little careful about it
yes, you are right in general... i am not going to sell tracks like if they were my own copyrighted material and never will - i take money only for time i spent on mixing.. That's why I do not mind if you post them later on right here or other forum. Think of them more as a 'service', not 'commodity'.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Hola, tengo un grupo en facebook que se llama drumless (pistas sin bateria) cada dia cuelgo unos cuantos temas sin bateria de todos los grupos
Dream Theater, metallica, iron maiden, aveged sevenfold, y muchos mas.

tengo mas de 1000 tracks sin bateria. Os aceptaré encantado en el grupo!

saludos!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM

I'll translate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itīs my turn View Post
Hi! I've a Facebook group called drumless. I post a few drumless songs of different bands every day: Dream Theater, metallica, iron maiden, aveged sevenfold and much more.

I have more than 1000 drumless tracks. I'd be glad you join my group!
Regards!
Now, if you could post the link to the group it would help.
Transl: Si pusieras el link al grupo sería un puntazo :) que no lo encuentro.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I'll translate:

Now, if you could post the link to the group it would help.
Transl: Si pusieras el link al grupo sería un puntazo :) que no lo encuentro.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/384779191572189/
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Gold Member

Greetings from Canada;

Спасибо. Вы очень добры.