DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Default My new band....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxeMs...v4s9Ww&index=1

For those interested...I have a new band I'm working on. Check it out.
We are still looking for a suitable name, bass player and vocalist.

More progress videos as they happen and we should have a release out by summer this year.

Hope you dig,

D

Last edited by Derek Roddy; 01-31-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My new band....

Derek, oddly the link in this thread doesn't work for me (I get a "This video doesn't exist" message) - but it does work from the post in your main thread.
EDIT -> It's working now!

Checking out your new band now - the guitar riffing has your Serpents Rise trademarks. I'm sorry it's not you playing the guitars - because you tend to completely avoid powerchords (I couldn't live without them, haha - wishing to be more creative) to create bizarre soundscapes while your new guitarist uses them a lot, just like it's supposed to be in metal in general.

Curious to learn what your new band sounds like once it's complete, with the vocals in place.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

sounds great, Derek. Can't wait to hear the whole thing with vox. What heads are you using these days? BTW, how can I play double bass that fast in 2 weeks? Lol, just kidding, keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Cheers Arky. Looking forward to getting this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhammerer View Post
sounds great, Derek. Can't wait to hear the whole thing with vox. What heads are you using these days? BTW, how can I play double bass that fast in 2 weeks? Lol, just kidding, keep up the good work.
Rock on brother,
Heads...I'm using Ambassador X on everything except kick drums (which have P3s)

As far as getting that fast in 2 weeks....there are these shoes that's perfect for that...............

Haha.

D
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

Derek, great to see you're striking out with new stuff, & no doubt, breaking new ground. Your music is completely lost on this old fart, but I'm tuned right in to the skills on display. What I struggle to comprehend, is how effortless & "organic" your blast beats are. They slip into the vibe almost unnoticed, whereas with most players I see, they jump out at you - & not in a good way. how the hell you metal guys get that left hand playing that fast, that consistently, & on the kick beat, is beyond me. For a hack like me, syncopated/alternate to the bass drum, less challenging, but on it = no way.

Anyhow, I wish you a bucket of luck with your project.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Roddy View Post
Cheers Arky. Looking forward to getting this out.

Rock on brother,
Heads...I'm using Ambassador X on everything except kick drums (which have P3s)

As far as getting that fast in 2 weeks....there are these shoes that's perfect for that...............

Haha.

D
Derek Roddy signature shoes? Cool, sign me up, LOL! And, I'm also using those Ambassador X's on my vintage kit, and I'm digging them. A bit fatter than the regular ambs., yet still sensitive, with more durability. Ever try the good ol black dots? Those are sweet as well, although my 16" floor tom resonates for days with that head on there.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Derek, great to see you're striking out with new stuff, & no doubt, breaking new ground. Your music is completely lost on this old fart, but I'm tuned right in to the skills on display. What I struggle to comprehend, is how effortless & "organic" your blast beats are. They slip into the vibe almost unnoticed, whereas with most players I see, they jump out at you - & not in a good way. how the hell you metal guys get that left hand playing that fast, that consistently, & on the kick beat, is beyond me. For a hack like me, syncopated/alternate to the bass drum, less challenging, but on it = no way.

Anyhow, I wish you a bucket of luck with your project.
Ha...thanks Andy. I guess I got where I am being focus on sound rather than speed. Of course, you have to play fast but, I was more concerned that it sounded the way I wanted first. Like anything else...just takes time.

Thanks for the props...creating music (any kind of music) sure is fun.

D
Old 01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhammerer View Post
Derek Roddy signature shoes? Cool, sign me up, LOL! And, I'm also using those Ambassador X's on my vintage kit, and I'm digging them. A bit fatter than the regular ambs., yet still sensitive, with more durability. Ever try the good ol black dots? Those are sweet as well, although my 16" floor tom resonates for days with that head on there.
Yeah, I've used the Black Dot before. They do have a unique sound. Been awhile since I've used em....might have to break out a set. Haha.

D
Old 01-31-2013, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Amazing! Can't wait to hear the finished product.

Congrats!