DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 AM

Default Velvet Cannons

Hey!
I am so guilty of not being a part of this forum. Apologies! Quite honestly I am completely obsessed with practicing every spare moment, of which I don't have many, and doing the forum just eats them in megabytes. So I'm not coming on here as a first time poster with this.

I have drum muffling that's ready for the marketplace and I am looking for someone to work with me to connect directly with the right company to manufacture it. This is the best muffling I've ever used, and I've tried everything known to God and man. This makes a snare drum studio ready in 1 second and it makes the toms sound like velvet cannons. It is an original approach that no one will see coming.

I've got at least 10 or 12 other accessories and actual reworkings of existing instruments for drum kit, in my mind and actually patented too, that I'm ready with, but this one I'd like to farm out because I need to raise capital. This is very natural muffling...there is nothing artificial about it.

To Bernhard and moderators, if I am in violation of protocol, I'm sorry! I'll remove this immediately. If it's okay, then I thank you and I am happy to share something with Drummerworld because I truly love it here and have benefited directly and greatly from interactions on the forum. If anyone wants to send me a PM, that would be great. Thanks all.

If I read this post, I'd think this guy was whacked also. The comfort for me is that I have !!!!!!!solved!!!!!!! the problem for myself. What this means is that it is a joy just to hit my drum, any one of them, even for one single hit. They sound so badass. Have you heard Lang's Sonors on the clip where he spins the sticks so much? My toms are sounding just that good and they're some old funky low-end beaters compared to them Sonors. And! that is before you even touch the EQ... As with anything I've come up with, I only developed it because I needed it and it didn't exist. I simply could not help myself. It is better than anything in existence, IMO: most natural-most authentic and simple-snake woulda bit you-nasty snare drum becomes fat fat studio ready in one second. toms=velvet cannons.

I practiced with my snare off most of the time, I disliked the snares sound so much. I had lost hope and am saving for a great snare drum. But now I can't wait to get on the one I've got. After regaining hope, of course, I had enough energy to re-attack the tuning, but before the muffling, nothing sounded good. That includes any popular muffling devices on the market.

Last edited by iwantmemoney; 01-28-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: tard
Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Velvet Cannons

Contact the guy over at http://www.earpeace.com/ or the guy at http://rockonaudio.com/. Both of these guys had an idea and just needed the manufacturing and marketing parts to come together. There are fabrication "outsourcing" plants in China that will make pretty much whatever you want if you can send them the design and prototypes. That's how the Earpeace guy got started (I have 2 pairs of them and they are great for going to concerts, BTW).

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-studies-muse/
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Velvet Cannons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradGunnerSGT View Post
Contact the guy over at http://www.earpeace.com/ or the guy at http://rockonaudio.com/. Both of these guys had an idea and just needed the manufacturing and marketing parts to come together. There are fabrication "outsourcing" plants in China that will make pretty much whatever you want if you can send them the design and prototypes. That's how the Earpeace guy got started (I have 2 pairs of them and they are great for going to concerts, BTW).

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-studies-muse/
I really appreciate the reply and will check these out between now and the weekend. Will send you a message so as not to drag out this thread unnaturally. Good Stuff-thanks!

There's a great muffling idea out there called 'Ring Arrestor'. I know it works great because I've used their exact technique forever, as I'm sure many others have. Even the old jazzers used a coin in some cloth. The point is, the idea lets the head speak. I just didn't really see how to make it sell-able at the time, nor was I inclined. The other muffling solutions are good too, but none are without their flaws. I can speak about them freely because mine is ultimately a better solution, at least for me.

I've seen two of my ideas go to market. So I'm planning my own dealie-yo, but will farm out some of the 'generic' stuff. Not cuz "I wantmemoney"! Cause I want to document some music before I need training wheels just to get behind the kit! And be with family when that's called for! And go meet DW players at NAMM! I want to play music. Period. But I'm in the hamster wheel and can't get off; I don't own 14 snare drums, I own one rasty one. Am not complaining- I have an incredibly blessed life. I just have some good stuff for fellow drummers, and I'm just being pro-active about my finances, now that I can.

Last edited by iwantmemoney; 01-30-2013 at 03:39 PM.