A big THANK YOU to a fellow Forum member

Great to hear that there is co-operation like this between drummers, we are a special breed arn't we. Love the snare and indeed your whole drum set up and look.

Yes - this is a great forum, lots of good people, interesting posts and a wealth of drum-related knowledge.

I sent an email including photos of the damaged drum to the store manager and one other employee yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I'm not expecting compensation for the damage but I am questioning why Harry (the buyer) was not informed of the damage before buying it. They're a big chain of course and maybe this deal just fell through the cracks. I can't see them purposely misleading a customer - what's the point in that. I mean the drum was sold at a much reduced price & if they just came out and said the butt end is broken/damaged and if you want we can order a new one for you but the price will go up I would probably have bought it anyway.

I'd buy another Gretsch drum in heartbeat.....My dream Gretsch shellpack is a Custom USA in Champagne Sparkle 18/12/14 with 6.5 or larger x14 snare....dream on Gary haha.

Awesome story man, this is certainly a fantastic forum with a lot of wonderful members, Harry especially.

Sucks to hear about the poor retail store, Gretsch certainly do have great customer service, some stores could do well to learn from it.

Yes - this is a great forum, lots of good people, interesting posts and a wealth of drum-related knowledge.

I sent an email including photos of the damaged drum to the store manager and one other employee yesterday but haven't heard back yet. I'm not expecting compensation for the damage but I am questioning why Harry (the buyer) was not informed of the damage before buying it. They're a big chain of course and maybe this deal just fell through the cracks. I can't see them purposely misleading a customer - what's the point in that. I mean the drum was sold at a much reduced price & if they just came out and said the butt end is broken/damaged and if you want we can order a new one for you but the price will go up I would probably have bought it anyway.

I'd buy another Gretsch drum in heartbeat.....My dream Gretsch shellpack is a Custom USA in Champagne Sparkle 18/12/14 with 6.5 or larger x14 snare....dream on Gary haha.

I've always wanted a Gretsch mahogany in the bop sizes but have never had the money, maybe one day we'll both live our Gretsch dreams :D

Frost - where would you get such a kit/shellpack? The new Gretsch (Custom) drums are made with Maple shells with the exception of their PureWood Series. I do have a 6pc African Mahogany limited edition (60 shellpacks made in 2007)....they're made in Taiwan but have the same hardware and Silver Sealer as the Custom USA drums. These drums are absoulutely top notch - I can see why you'd want Gretsch Mahogany drums. Mine are 6ply - 3ply would be even nicer I think....but I don't know why haha.

That's my Mahogany shellpack in the background....
As an aside - that little green drum on the left of my hats is a 47 Gretsch tom I tucked & tacked recently (tacked reso head) & it has the sweetest tone! I love that little drum. I don't want to mess with it and "hang" it on anything so I use a snare stand for it....as I do with the WMP 38 Carlton (tacked & tucked that one as well) beside it. It too is a very nice sounding drum.

Frost - I hope you get your Mahogany Gretsch (18/12/14 4x14 - is that right?).
They may be hard to find .....but you never know hu.

I've always wanted a Gretsch mahogany in the bop sizes but have never had the money, maybe one day we'll both live our Gretsch dreams :D

Attachments

• 1 (Custom).JPG
    1 (Custom).JPG
    175 KB · Views: 100
This here is basically it, http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=drums&sid=575

They have made it for a little while. I like like the sound and the feel of the kit of what I've seen from it.

Looks like you own a fair few fantastic drums.

Frost - where would you get such a kit/shellpack? The new Gretsch (Custom) drums are made with Maple shells with the exception of their PureWood Series. I do have a 6pc African Mahogany limited edition (60 shellpacks made in 2007)....they're made in Taiwan but have the same hardware and Silver Sealer as the Custom USA drums. These drums are absoulutely top notch - I can see why you'd want Gretsch Mahogany drums. Mine are 6ply - 3ply would be even nicer I think....but I don't know why haha.

That's my Mahogany shellpack in the background....
As an aside - that little green drum on the left of my hats is a 47 Gretsch tom I tucked & tacked recently (tacked reso head) & it has the sweetest tone! I love that little drum. I don't want to mess with it and "hang" it on anything so I use a snare stand for it....as I do with the WMP 38 Carlton (tacked & tucked that one as well) beside it. It too is a very nice sounding drum.

Frost - I hope you get your Mahogany Gretsch (18/12/14 4x14 - is that right?).
They may be hard to find .....but you never know hu.

Back