For Those About To Jam...30 Years On

Woolwich

Silver Member
So hopefully an interesting night ahead for me as I'm getting together to jam with my oldest mate and musical accomplice.
The last time we played together was in 2006, but in hindsight what we did then was not much more than a weekly get together/social over a handful of months as we tackled three cover versions. It went nowhere and with a renewed taste for playing, as well as a drum kit in my possession for the first time in 18 years, I ended up joining a band and have spent almost the whole of the last 11 years playing in pubs.
The truth is that the last time we played together in anger as a band was in 1987 as our originals band bit the dust with band members leaving to pursue careers. He's continued to keep his hand in and to the mystification of his wife increased the size of his guitar collection while simultaneously selling his bigger backline and settling very sensibly on a new Marshall combo. Not only would it be rude not to give his gear the run out it deserves at full volume, but you can only talk for so long (30 years in our case) about reforming the band before actually doing something about it.
So with my dodgy GoPro copy camera fully charged we'll see what happens tonight. Even if we've totally lost our touch at least we might come away with some flashes of the old material recorded for posterity....which might keep us talking the talk for the next 30 years if we're lucky.

Good for you.

Same thing happened to me. I was in a garage band 50 years ago. My old band mates had been getting together each year for many years. Six years ago they found me using the internet and social media. We got together after 40 years and it was so much fun. We played like we had never been apart. Now we get together every year for a reunion jam. It's wonderful !!!

Making music with friends is always good.

Back