Tom angles!!!!

Re: tom angles!!!!

OK, I've been making fun of other people's kits on here. Time to make fun of myself. I found these old pics of my first kit. They were taken sometime in the mid 80s.

First one was taken when the kit was fairly new. It was a CB700 5-piece, with terrible sounding Camber cymbals. Check out the spread on those toms, baby!

Next shot was taken a few years later. By that time I had acquired some decent cymbals. In fact, I still use the hats to this day (Zildjian New Beats). Oh, but that setup: the angles, the well worn, mismatched heads, the "artwork" on the bass drum head, the barely separated hats. I mounted that splash cymbal on the base from a music stand, and used tape to hold it on there. Looks like a craptastic craigslist special.

Let the bashing begin!

Attachments

• retrodrums.jpg
    retrodrums.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 788
  • cbkit.jpg
    cbkit.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 781

We've all been there with ya boomstick! I can't find any pics of me and my angles from the seventies. I'll ask my sister if she has some and I'll post them.

Since this thread has just had me laughing so hard, and I live near a very robust Craigslist market, I decided to do a search for "drum" in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Some highlights:

1) The owner of this Basix set is proudly displaying the splash cymbal he added to his hi-hat stand ... by mounting it on a little orange construction cone.

2) The Enforcer. Got to love these tough generic drumset brand names. We never hear "Pansy" or "Lightweight".

3) The mother of the owner of this Pearl Forum set was also trying to sell this "xylaphone".

4) Yes, Pacific makes entry-level drumsets that get badly angled and sold on Craigslist, too.

5) Another one of my dizzy up the folks sidewise drum owners' pictures. We can't set drums up well, we can't use the rotate option on Windows Picture Viewer... we stir our coffee with a butter knife, too.

6 & 7) This fella would like to sell his Pearl drumset for over $2k (he says they were new $3200). Here is is working hard to set them up, to show us his unique playing setup. Unfortunately, as he was clicking the second photo, the sheer awesomeness made the film combust.

8) Some people don't want to embarrass themselves, because they don't know how to put the drums together. So we'll just stack them... What could go wrong with that?

9) A well-angled Percussion Plus masterpiece.

10) .... wow. Just.... wow.

Great contribution! 2020202020

OK, I've been making fun of other people's kits on here. Time to make fun of myself. I found these old pics of my first kit. They were taken sometime in the mid 80s.

First one was taken when the kit was fairly new. It was a CB700 5-piece, with terrible sounding Camber cymbals. Check out the spread on those toms, baby!

Next shot was taken a few years later. By that time I had acquired some decent cymbals. In fact, I still use the hats to this day (Zildjian New Beats). Oh, but that setup: the angles, the well worn, mismatched heads, the "artwork" on the bass drum head, the barely separated hats. I mounted that splash cymbal on the base from a music stand, and used tape to hold it on there. Looks like a craptastic craigslist special.

Let the bashing begin!

Now, the real question is whether he bought the ColorSound china for the sound, or since it matched his kit...

Thank God that the high five in the first ad was optional.
I liked the "His Girlfriend stabbed holes in a few of his drums" Part in the second add.
I couldn't stop laughing!

1294413722.html

professional quality Ludwig drum set. The set includes 7 ludwig drums, 3 zildjian cymbals, all double duty stands, in excellent quality. The specific components included are: bass drum, snare, 12", 13", 14", 15" toms, 16" floor tom, high hat, 16" crash cymbal, 20" ride cymbal

1305658807.html

I have a groove percussion drumset that I am no longer in need of. I was going to take the time and try to become more talented in the ways of percussion, but being a guitar player, I got bored of it quickly. The set would probably best be suited for an adolescent begginer or a short person (5' 4") like myself. It comes with everything that is in the picture below. Price is negotiable. The stool is brand new so keep that in mind. I bought the drumset used from Guitar Center and I am not sure of the brand that the cymbals are or of the age. Included is an unopened beginner drum book and a couple sets of sticks. Please either e-mail me or give me a call at 1-815-219-5851, (this number is actually my boyfriends. I work crazy hours so it is easiest to call him.) Best times to get a hold of me are after 6pm during the week and after 3pm on the weekends.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/msg/1306198150.html

My angles are fine and now I am working on tuning

And he says it will need a new 12 inch tom head soon.LOL
Come on, Lets be honest, How many people here have never taped their tom heads like that when you were a kid? I'll confess that I did it once. AHH, to be young again!
Fess up Grunt, You also put tape on your heads when you were a kid.
Did you ever see how hard, and how many times that you had to hit your heads before they broke?
I'm guilty! I confess!

I was one of those kids whose parents bought the first set of Gretsch. If I had abused my drums like that, my Gretsch would have out lived me.

Tired of having no place to store your winter wardrobe. Then relief is here. Billy Mays here
with the new Fender bass drum clothing storage system. Store not one, two or three sets of winter clothing, but four complete outfits in the space of your bass drum. You know it sounds terrible anyway so why not use it for storage. This Fender bass drum storage system can be yours for only 3 easy payments of 19.95 plus processing and handling. So act today. Be one of the first 100 callers and we will include this two piece Fender Tom Tom add on set for you winter socks or undies. Act now. Just call 1-888-800-4000.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/1307270568.html

Tired of having no place to store your winter wardrobe. Then relief is here. Billy Mays here
with the new Fender bass drum clothing storage system. Store not one, two or three sets of winter clothing, but four complete outfits in the space of your bass drum. You know it sounds terrible anyway so why not use it for storage. This Fender bass drum storage system can be yours for only 3 easy payments of 19.95 plus processing and handling. So act today. Be one of the first 100 callers and we will include this two piece Fender Tom Tom add on set for you winter socks or undies. Act now. Just call 1-888-800-4000.

haha! "i recomend lessons" ...another west coast gem!

btw, i had no idea fender made drums!

If you hooked an electric motor up to that bass drum you could use it like a front loading washing machine.

Back