Whadda jam this wouldabin

aydee

Platinum Member

Though I was around in this neighborhood back in those days, I missed this one.

Thought I'd share this pic

jaco.jpg

The iconic Lone Star Cafe, 1985 ( 5th & 13th ) . It shut down in '87.

Last edited:
Ah, ok, now I understand why Abe's excited about the gig vibe. The juxtaposition of those two sets the mind wondering what the hell they came up with. So difficult to pin down when two disparate styles collide/collaborate.

Andy, this was a real melting pot of a joint in NYC back in the 80s. Somewhat like the clubs in England in the mid 60s where you could possiblly find The Bealtes, Stones, and Hendix hanging about the same night..

..and you are right the juxtaposition would have been interesting. One coming from the Blues and the other via R&B. The similarities would have been interesting too. Both were rockstars, though one made money and the other didnt : )

If pictures could talk right?
We'll never know.

Showed this to the BF who's a bass player and a big Jaco fan. Here's his response:

Jimmy Page would have been fun to jam with, Jaco...not so much, he was amazing, but his ego was heavier than a Led Zeppelin. ;-)

He he, probably true.

......................Awesome find Henri!

Henri! Fabulous, what a find! This was one of the places where Jaco hung out and would play this tune with Hiram Bullock and Kenwood Dennard, all the time.A very young Mike Stern would sit in too on ocsasion. The one time I didnt show up, guess who did! Dayam! : P

Back