2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

Re: 2010 World Cup-South Africa

Vincent Enyeama (goalie): 0 / 1: Argentina

That Enyeama is a spider, either he diverts or catches all the balls.

He's showing it but the Nigerian goalie keeps getting in the way. How inconsiderate of him!

Yes, brother. I agree France/Uruguay was a kill-joy.
England vs USA, coming soon.......God Save The Queen vs The Star Spangled Banner.

Yeah Ian, I hope this is a more watchable style of soccer. France-Uruguay was dull, man. Riberi looked interesting with that great cross that his teammate missed...

Tomorrow plays:

Algeria vs Eslovenia, will see!

Germany vs Australia - I admire the discipline, potential and push of the Germans / but my heart is with Australia......Socceroos vs Panzers.

Serbia vs Ghana - Ghana is a tough bone to chew.

I'll take a tie. Plenty of British fans with their hearts in their throats.

I'll take a tie. Plenty of British fans with their hearts in their throats.

To term it correctly, the English fans with their hearts in their throats, the Scotish, Welsh and Irish, all hate the English football team, they would rather the Germans, or Argentines win.

"We are England, mighty England, no one likes us, but we dont care, We are England mighty England"..

Yes, Polly. We have the vibe, the feeling with ability and nice football/soccer. You like that - Romero - the Argentinian goalie! eh? We are jealous ;-)

Yeah, you South American guys totally nail football and drumming - a natural feeling for both things built up over generations.

And yeah, Romero is great entertainment for female fans :) Kaka did me damage at the last WC, this year it's Romero.

For some reason everyone looks pretty normal for this WC. Four years ago it seemed that every second player had a radical haircut. It inspired this cartoon back then (very quick and rough)

sport_world-cup-anthem.jpg

Good on ya on that picture, Polly. They look like the "Sex Pistols football team." :)
By the way, I was wrong about the Australian team coach - his name is Pim Verbeek another Dutch/cloggie fellow.

Yeah, you South American guys totally nail football and drumming - a natural feeling for both things built up over generations.

And yeah, Romero is great entertainment for female fans :) Kaka did me damage at the last WC, this year it's Romero.

For some reason everyone looks pretty normal for this WC. Four years ago it seemed that every second player had a radical haircut. It inspired this cartoon back then (very quick and rough)

Good on ya on that picture, Polly. They look like the "Sex Pistols football team." :)
By the way, I was wrong about the Australian team coach - his name is Pim Verbeek another Dutch/cloggie fellow.

Yeah, it's Pim. Did we say it was the last guy?

Half of the WC looked punk in 2006 :)

We are England mighty England"..
I usually have very little interest in football (soccer), but I was socially forced to watch the game last night (no gigs getting booked by the bar/club owners, otherwise I would have been playing drums.). Nothing "mighty" about the England team. I thought I was watching crown green bowling.

Anyhow, the world cup stinks, as do most global sporting events. They reduce the number of gig opportunities. How can drummers possibly support that. (flaming awaited)

I usually have very little interest in football (soccer), but I was socially forced to watch the game last night (no gigs getting booked by the bar/club owners, otherwise I would have been playing drums.). Nothing "mighty" about the England team. I thought I was watching crown green bowling.

Anyhow, the world cup stinks, as do most global sporting events. They reduce the number of gig opportunities. How can drummers possibly support that. (flaming awaited)

Ha! Spoken like an artist. My mum would have loved you :)

not happry we should have won that. if we didnt have a muppet in goal wed have been fine. my nan could have stopped that. rooney had no influence on the game and heskey missed a one on one with howard where he should have definatly scored.

good goal by gerrard though.

We are in the last 32 countrys in the world to get into the world cup, we will be in the last 8 countries, that makes us good enough, and come on try to be a bit more patriateic about your country. I fly the St George Cross on a flag pole outside my house 365 days of the year.

Typical comments from a non football fan thou. Obviously you watch a lot more crown green bowling than you do football, LOL LOL LOL..

But dont take it to hart.. just a bit of friendly banter.

I love my drums and love my football, always, always will wear my football shirt, when i gig, if anything it gets the banter going with the West Ham, Tottenham, Chelsea surporters in the crowd.

Anyways, i thought the USA played very very very well last night, proberly the best i have seen them play, full of style and fluiditally, style and passion, played to you best of your abbilities,

as for the England team, we played very poor football, proberlly, the worst we would play in this tournament, not alot of chances, the goal that went in was one that we could say we scored and not the yanks,

so with the USA playing their best, and the English playing their worst last night, the score of 1-1 was a fair result.

Come on England.

Back