Electric Drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubuchnik

So i've realised there is no way i can practise on an electric drum kit in my flat. This has led to me consider electric drums.

Now i know you shouldn't buy used electric drums but i can't afford to pay a lot. My budget is 400 pounds or so. I've seen ads for a used TD-3 and TD-6kx and i'll obviously check it out before i buy. The TD-6 is really pushing the budget but is it worth the extra 200 pounds over the TD-3? This is mostly a practise kit mind you.

And how is this one: http://www.fretmusic.co.uk/rocktronic-electronic-drumkit-rt-elec-kit-c-631-p-1-pr-18820.html

How do these electric drums feel compared to an acoustic? I mean i can use them to better my playing technique right ?

Im gonna give you my take on the electronic kits!! I do not know anything about the kit in question but i can almost gaurantee that is does not have the mesh type pads like the roland kits do. Having previously owning a td-10 kit and a td-12 kit i will admit that i also thought they would be the saviour for me in drummin in my apartment. Well the answer is hell NO, within the first day of getting my new kit i had received several phone calls from my landlord requesting that i do not play this kit in the apartment anymore. Not a nice phone call either it was as if i had set up a full acoustic kit. The transfer of the kick pedals threw the floor is really the biggest problem!!! You can do all kinds of searches on the net and will find a floating floor made from tennis balls would probably be the best bet!! If you do not have people living below you it might not be as bad!! But look into it b4 spending the cash to find out you cant play them either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back