Switching heads

Bonzo9

Hi everyone I've been a Remo player for years.I was thinking of switching to Aquarian because I've been having some tuneing issues with Remo lately.Has anybody else had any trouble with Remo lately and what do think about Aquarians? I currently use clear emporers on tom batters,clear ambs reso,control sound snare and clear ps3 on kick.Glad to be one of the family.Thanks

Aquarian heads are cool. Check out Evans too. When I had trouble with Remo heads in the 90s, I tryed both Aquarian and Evans, and I settled on Evans. Peace and goodwill.

I have been a user of Remo heads for a long time. I also use Evans heads. Remo has had some quality control issues, but for the most part, they sound great. I don't really have a whole lot of experience with Aquarian heads. What I can tell you is that the Superkick seems to be a favorite among bass drum heads. I have tried one, but it wasn't to my liking. I have seen their heads on drumkits I have played as rentals or provided for back line, but I don't like the feel and sound as well as Remo and Evans. Just my 2 cents.

I've been haveing tuning problems with Remo.What do ya think about Aquarian.

I've used nothing but Remo and Evans heads all my life, so I can't comment much on Aquarian. Concerning the problems you're having tuning Remo heads, if it's one head out of the bunch or one drum out of them all, then look at one of those. If it's all the Remo heads on all the drums, then look somewhere else.

Dennis

I've tried the Aquarians, and they seem like a quality product, but I really did not like the sound of them. That includes several different models I've tried, to. So I just stick with Remo, and an occasional foray into Evans territory. Plus, I think Audiotech has good advice about narrowing down where the problem lies.

I'm not using them currently, but Aquarians have never failed for me, more so than remo or evans. Get a Texture Coated snare head (You can get with ring, with dot, etc.) and I guarantee it will last you 5 years+ as long as it's under normal use.

For bass I like the Force Series, but most people like the Superkicks, those are great too.

For toms I like the Response series, but the performance II's are great too.

They have good descriptions on the site, so I'd check em out and just go with whichever looks the best.

I'm not using them currently, but Aquarians have never failed for me, more so than remo or evans. Get a Texture Coated snare head (You can get with ring, with dot, etc.) and I guarantee it will last you 5 years+ as long as it's under normal use.

For bass I like the Force Series, but most people like the Superkicks, those are great too.

For toms I like the Response series, but the performance II's are great too.

They have good descriptions on the site, so I'd check em out and just go with whichever looks the best.

Holy cow, 5 YEARS for a snare head?!? You must not hit as hard or have the same expectations of a snare head as I do. I've tried that Texture Coated Head, and it lasted, well, exactly the same as a comparable Remo or Evans for me...

I do have to say, though, that of all the Aquarian heads I tried, I liked that one the best.

Holy cow, 5 YEARS for a snare head?!? You must not hit as hard or have the same expectations of a snare head as I do. I've tried that Texture Coated Head, and it lasted, well, exactly the same as a comparable Remo or Evans for me...

I do have to say, though, that of all the Aquarian heads I tried, I liked that one the best.

Well mine is 4 years old, in exellent condition. My drum teacher's is 7 years old, also in good condition, no joke.

You also might play more than me, so that could be the explanation.

Well mine is 4 years old, in exellent condition. My drum teacher's is 7 years old, also in good condition, no joke.

You also might play more than me, so that could be the explanation.

Yeah, each show is about 5 hours, so four hours of actual playing, and in most venues we play, I'm hitting HARD. Two shows a week, plus some practice time in between, and any head I've tried starts to lose resonance within a month, if not sooner. It may look great, but when I take it off the drum, it will have that telltale "dish" in the center. I don't break them, they just start to lose that sweet tone.

If all I did was lighter jazz or orchestral work, they would last longer, for sure.

Not a slam against Aquarian there - every head I've tried does the same thing.

I heard Aquarians are made with a new mylar.Mr Burns told me himself over the phone because I saw Chris Adlers clinic and his kit sounded great.I heard rumours about the new mylar and Mr.Burns confirmed it when I called Aquarian.

I heard Aquarians are made with a new mylar.Mr Burns told me himself over the phone because I saw Chris Adlers clinic and his kit sounded great.I heard rumours about the new mylar and Mr.Burns confirmed it when I called Aquarian.

I heard rumors as well.

Drumheads are fairly cheap, it worth giving them a try.

I just purchased today a 10&12in Aquarian Clear Responce 2's.When I got home I took both heads out and relized the 10 had a hazy look and the 12 was crystal clear.I called Aquarian and spoke to Roy Burns and told him both heads had the new logo wich is supposed to be the new mylar but the 10 was hazy and the 12 was clear.Mr Burns said that the 10 was the old mylar and that if the store didn't change it he would.When I called the store they checked all there 10's and they were all hazy and they would order me a new one.Mr Burns was very nice I personally think there was a mistake at the factory.So if anyone is going to buy new Aquarians check them before you take them home.

I used Remo for over 30 years. Last year I began using Aquarian heads and fell in love. I still use Remos on certain drums where they are best suited. I can recommend Aquarian. You can see a change occur on my gear thread as I found Aquarian.

Back