Ludwig Drum Set

Hard to see so far away,(hard to make out badge) but to me...just a case of a Ludwig head on a DDRUM or another company's kit.....
Just the finishes I have seen on the ddrums......the colored hardware and sparkle wraps combo and bass drum spurs etc.....
My best guess.....no expert in ddrums...But Ludwig I have played many years.

hope that helps some ?

ok , thanks what about this kit ive been looking into it http://bigdrumthump.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/ludwig-drum-set.jpg

is that one a good make cause i like the tom racks , heres the thing ive had a cheap kit like from toys r us andnow my parents said i need a new one i like the style of all time lows kit and all the other pop/punk bands im just trying to find a good kit and the same style as those , ive looked into ddrums i was going to some but i never did i looked into the ddrums more and i found out they suck , soo i looked into Ludwig good make just trying to find the right kit for me.

Also can't tell for sure, but those look like Ludwig's Asian-line micro lugs and an Elite tom mount (painted blue, of course!) Not sure about the snare though, and the drums were certainly rewrapped. It's not a stock Ludwig kit though.

Bermuda

The second kit is the Epic series, very nice birch drums (they basically replaced the higher-end Classic Birch line.)

Bermuda

Ludwig is a great kit but if you are seriosly looking I suggest you get out and see as much as you can in the stores and truly see what you like. Nothing is like actually getting behind that kit. Once you do find one you like buy one used and save the cash! Best of luck.

Jim

The second kit is the Epic series, very nice birch drums (they basically replaced the higher-end Classic Birch line.)

Bermuda
I just got a set very nice drums for the $ but they are 6 ply 2plys birch outer, 2ply maple core, 2 plys birch inner. I got the downbeat series very happy with them.

Bonzolead

Yeah, I agree....
Don't go by what you see on the company's websites or online....
Great point on looking used, something to be said for "hands on"....I would look on local craigslist ads as well as ebay. MANY people think they want to be a drummer and go out and get themselves or their kid a nice kit/stands/cymbals/throne/pedals etc...and in a few days,weeks, months....it becomes a dust collector and they need to unload to get out of the way.
Usually you can get a higher quality drumkit for the same price as a brand new low line kit. Sometimes, like I said with hardware/pedals/throne and sometimes cymbals :)
I have scored some sick deals in my past and just last year on a "buy it now" left over Tama Brand new (in box) Birch Performer kit from Bently's in Fresno...free shipping and got the 4pc kit for less than HALF of what it was selling on SALE/markdown for at a local Daddy's for example.

Best of luck to you DrummerMitchh.....

Look around, especially on Craigslist. May be lower tier than what you're looking for, but for example I just got a 5 pc. Stagestar Tama set, with hardware and cymbals for just 200 beans, and barely played. You will find more than a toy if your patient and keep an eye out, and maybe save some money in the process.

Fishnmusicn

I got my Epic Ludwig shell pack for $600 out the door.

If you look you will find especially with today's economy.

Bonzolead

Bermuda

Correction, it appears that thje 2nd photo is actually the Element Lacquer series.

Ooops!

Bermuda

Correction, it appears that thje 2nd photo is actually the Element Lacquer series.

Ooops!

Bermuda

No biggie,
I just got a set of them as i said in my earlier post, I wanted a small tuck away gig kit and they're perfect for that.but they really sound nice and look good i'm kinda shocked for the price & value factor. Ludwig is back in a Big way.

keep swattin'
Bonzolead

Back