Aquarian Coated

How do Aquarian Coated Responce 2's compare to Remo coated Emperor's

The coating lasts 10 times longer...
I love Aquarian heads, I wish I made the switch much earlier, I would have saved hundreds...
I'm running coated response 2"s on my birch kit right now and am really digging them, the coating is still as solid as it was new and I've been hitting them for months now.
Honestly I like remo heads, they are a decent product, but Aquarian is it for me know, they are half the price as Remo where I live and they last longer.. No brainer

Thanks Piperdoog my kit is a Tama SCP birch kit. I'm gonna try one. Are you using an Aquarian bass drum head?

Please post up your results once you give them a try. I have a Tama SCP birch set and I've been using vintage emporer coated heads with very good results. I'm always curious to see how other products stack up against what I'm using. I guess that's how you find better products. Good luck!

Hi LeftyDoug I thought Remo vintage Emperor 's would be too dry? What do u use on you SCP snare?

Thanks Piperdoog my kit is a Tama SCP birch kit. I'm gonna try one. Are you using an Aquarian bass drum head?

Yes I actually started using Aquarian through bass drum heads, then later tried the tom heads. Without a doubt the SuperKick series is the best sounding head you can put on a bass drum. I use the SuperKick 2 and love it. Perfect blend of muffling and durability, recorded with it and play live with it and am very happy.
Plus again it's much cheaper than the counterpart..

Piperdoog does the SKII cut threw in an UNmiced situation. I play in a classic/hard rock band?

Piperdoog does the SKII cut threw in an UNmiced situation. I play in a classic/hard rock band?

Mmm good question, you may want to consider the superkick 1 it's a less ply than the 2, I myself always have the kick miced so not sure. All I can tell you in my experience the Aquarian bass drum heads just work for me.
Even the sound in the basement un-miked sounds great, good punch and accent on the kick. It's always the sound I was after in my younger years but never achieved, now that I'm older I wish I had found or had the drum head, so I'm telling you these are the sh&*t. I've been drumming for many years and have experience. If I can save you money to get what you are looking for for in a great drum head this is it.
They just seem to work.

Mmm good question, you may want to consider the superkick 1 it's a less ply than the 2, I myself always have the kick miced so not sure. All I can tell you in my experience the Aquarian bass drum heads just work for me.
Even the sound in the basement un-miked sounds great, good punch and accent on the kick. It's always the sound I was after in my younger years but never achieved, now that I'm older I wish I had found or had the drum head, so I'm telling you these are the sh&*t. I've been drumming for many years and have experience. If I can save you money to get what you are looking for for in a great drum head this is it.
They just seem to work.

+1 on that, I love the sound of the sk1 also, plus i use a ported regulator front head too and just to be safe I put the aquarian double beater patch on just to give the singl ply head a little more strength. I have seen music 123 on ebay sell both heads and the patch for about $60 for the set with free shipping in the USA

Hi LeftyDoug I thought Remo vintage Emperor 's would be too dry? What do u use on you SCP snare?

My kit didn't come with a matching snare but I normally use my Tama birdseye maple 14x5.5" snare with the kit(the finish is really close to the amber gold on my SCPs). On that snare, like most of mine, I use Remo Coated CS head. I gig out quite a bit and I like the durablility and the sound of the head on my snares.

Back