One Hit Wonders

ZildjianMan1023

Silver Member
heres an idea i just got..

lets play a game called one hit wonders..

STIPULATIONS!~~~

1. you cannot repeat any Hit.

2. Another hit from the same band doesnt count (one hit wonder)

3. lets see truly how many one hit wonders there really are..

4. NO WIKIPEDIA

5. if at all possible. give the info on what the band is doing now (optional)

ill start with we only get what you give by the new radicals

Re: one HIT wonders

Hmmm okay - Don't Worry Be Happen by Bobby McFerrin.

"Turning Japanese" by The Vapors, a great record IMHO, and produced by Queen's drummer Roger Taylor.

Roy.

"U Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer

Cotton Eye Joe- Rednex.

As far as I know they're still performing and have done other songs, but this song remains their only major British sucess.

"U Can't Touch This" by M.C. Hammer

Actually he had a few hits after that but they weren't as big as Can't Touch This. I think one was called We Pray, or something, and another was for the Adams Family Movie.

How about Tub Thumping by Chumba Wumba. No idea what they're doing now, don't care.

La Macarena by Los Del Rio

Corey Hart "Sunglasses at Night"

Depending on how well he handled his money, he's probably either running a Napa Valley winery or a mildly sucessful cat grooming service on wheels.

How 'bout Tommy Tutones' "867-5309/Jenny"? From 1982.

I "think" that was their only hit.

Would this be considered a "One Hit Wonder"?

;-)

How 'bout Tommy Tutones' "867-5309/Jenny"? From 1982.

I "think" that was their only hit.

Would this be considered a "One Hit Wonder"?

;-)

Oh yeah, big time. I remember that song.

How about "My Sharona" by The Knack? They were supposed to be huge and then Van Halen I came out and just wiped the slate clean of all the skinny-tie bands.

How about " Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider. I love that song, especially in the movie Vision quest, always gets the blood pumping. I bought the CD recently just because of this song and I figured as good as that song sounds there has to be a few more cool tunes on there that just never got popular...UMMMMM Yeah I was way off on that. Rest of the album sucks...Trust me on this one!

Although I don't know what they are doing now without breaking a rule and googling it. ; )

Back