*Good* YouTube comments

Pollyanna

Platinum Member
YouTube is legendary for its ability to attract all manner of trolls, clowns and disaffected teens but every now and then there's a killer comment.

For instance, I had a good laugh at this comment on a Tim Buckley video ... "this is the hardest anybody has rocked while wearing a brown sweater"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdK-jUiOI4

Any other good ones? They don't have to be witty - they may be relevant or perceptive or whatever ... and if the video is a good one, all the better.

I don't know if this is a good comment, but on one of my videos a commenter gave me a bunch of drum sizes and asked how much they would cost. With a further statement after that saying "please respond". After I told him he'd probably be better off speaking with an actual salesperson at a music store, he comes back and asks if he can also get custom sizes. Go figure.

I don't know if this is a good comment, but on one of my videos a commenter gave me a bunch of drum sizes and asked how much they would cost. With a further statement after that saying "please respond". After I told him he'd probably be better off speaking with an actual salesperson at a music store, he comes back and asks if he can also get custom sizes. Go figure.

No, I don't think that qualifies as a good comment :)

I enjoyed this comment on this video, featuring David T Walker on guitar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCyRPCojb2Q

"Im a guitar player and Im paying attention to Mr. Purdie and the groove he's layin. DAMN!!"

Good one, Luke. I was sick and missed practice this week so the band used the keyboard's drum machine. Our bassist emailed me afterwards to say: "amazing -- just like the real thing! dial up any beat, punch in the tempo and off it goes like a metronome! unfortunately it had no sense of humour, so your job is safe . . . for now :>)"

Definitely a warm fuzzy feeling to be likened to a metronome haha

Unlike you (YouTube star that you are) hardly anyone comments on my vids. My fave was this one by jer (been a long time since he posted here BTW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNThZhcNdYc

"Tubbs is getting frustrated with Crocket, who is talking up some hottie in a swank night club when really they should be shaking down the clubs owner for importing illegal weapons".

I still don't know what it means, but I liked it :)

Good one, Luke. I was sick and missed practice this week so the band used the keyboard's drum machine. Our bassist emailed me afterwards to say: "amazing -- just like the real thing! dial up any beat, punch in the tempo and off it goes like a metronome! unfortunately it had no sense of humour, so your job is safe . . . for now :>)"

Unlike you (YouTube star that you are) hardly anyone comments on my vids. My fave was this one by jer (been a long time since he posted here BTW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNThZhcNdYc

"Tubbs is getting frustrated with Crocket, who is talking up some hottie in a swank night club when really they should be shaking down the clubs owner for importing illegal weapons".

Haha, thats very true, drum machines don't have a sense of humor. Thats something I make an attempt at! And thats a very interesting comment, I'm not sure exactly what it means either, haha.

Tubbs and Crockett are the cops from Miami Vice, but i guess you knew that, since you are hip to Big Bang Theory.

Tubbs and Crockett are the cops from Miami Vice, but i guess you knew that, since you are hip to Big Bang Theory.

Someone told me that (I'm not sure I've watched MV) but it's still mysterious. Like there was a scene that the song reminded him of, or he imagined the song being a backdrop for a scene in the show, or he was just pointing out that the song was very 80s :)

Someone told me that (I'm not sure I've watched MV) but it's still mysterious. Like there was a scene that the song reminded him of, or he imagined the song being a backdrop for a scene in the show, or he was just pointing out that the song was very 80s :)

being a silly fockler myself, i would assume that he was just saying hi and that it means nothing other than ¨Hi Pols¨.

that´s what i would have done.

hi pol! well i thought i was funny once. i went and checked it and the dialogue was still there...the youtube sensation, dan britt was playing some hellified stuff on a video, but he was chewing a big wad of gum the whole time so i just popped off....

your teacher forgot to tell you you shouldn't chew gum while you're playing.
iwantmemoney 1 year ago

Why exactly? Now whats wrong with chewing gum other then it relaxes you.
jerkass411 1 year ago

hey jerkass i gotta tell ya, with a handle like jerkass, that's a bit of a red flag already, but since we are brothers in drumming, i'm gonna try to break it down for ya....it's kind of like why you take your hat off in church. why you respect old people. you're in the presence of something bigger than yourself. and you have the privilege of sharing it with others. it's a way of showing humility, respect. i guess it's not mandatory however. i'm not a hardass jerkass.
iwantmemoney 1 year ago

it's kind of like why you take your hat off in church. why you respect old people. you're in the presence of something bigger than yourself. and you have the privilege of sharing it with others. it's a way of showing humility, respect.

I don't get it, who was DanBritt in the presence of when he was playing?

I don't get it, who was DanBritt in the presence of when he was playing?

haha! well no person actually(but you could say in the presence of everyone who subsequently watched the video).

i meant in the presence of music, out of respect for that. any music teacher's guidance i've ever been under never allowed any gum chewing-period-not during lessons, practice, or especially performance-it just wasn't really an option.

Dennis Chambers pulls it off with great aplomb! It's almost as cool as smoking whilst playing - check out Vinnie playing with Chick Corea at the Blue Note in Japan.

I've actually found it aids concentration during practice - on the occasion that I chew nicotine gum and play, my application to a half dozen pages of New Breed seems to improve. YOur teacher should be encouraging it!

Jonescrusher, I suppose chewing nicotine gum is a sign that you want to be punching everything anyway? In which case, good combination of therapy and productiveness!

Back