Best new/used maple kit under $1000?

Sable

A friend of mine asked me what I recommend, and I honestly couldn't remember ever playing on a maple kit in that price range (when did they become so affordable?).

Does anyone here have any hands-on experience with them? All the descriptions on the websites sound the same.

Thanks!

I've heard good reviews about the Gretsch Catalina maple ($850).

You should be able to find an Rogers Londoner (12/13/16/20 or 22) with a COB Dynasonic snare for that price.

i have a pdp mx theyre discontinued now but if u can find one they are awesome i got a 5 piece shell pack for $360 it was a floor model at gc but in mint condition. They sound great

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

What sizes are you looking for?
I don't know exactly - I don't think my friend has any specific preferences (I do, of course, but it's not for me!). He's used to a 5-piece, and he's actually more of an acquaintance than a friend, so I'd rather not try to convince him to play/purchase a 4-piece. Unless the deal is amazing!

Try eBay. Be persistant & patient. I found a *new* Gretsch Renown 5 piece shell pack for $1049 free shipping. Almost made me cry......Shell packs from Sonor 3007 ($1047) Yamaha Tour Custom ($949) Gretsch Catalina Maple ($850 & the new black hardware is sweet!) will all get him going. Good luck!

Peace

Hey .... go to the New Hampshire Craigslist right now and search RMV under musical instruments. A dealer has two RMV kits for sale. A 5pc (20" kick) for $1000 and a 6pc (22" kick) for $1200. Both kits are brand new and include two RMV cymbal boom stands, HH stand and sare stand.

The sound quality of these RMV's rivals high end DW's. You will NOT be disappointed I promise.

If you are looking for a huge drum sound and like big drums (26, 14,16.18) I'd go with the ddrum maple dominator.

Back