Joe Procaro 8an Nylon tip sticks

JimS

I stopped playing from age 43 to 69 but I'm starting up again with a new set of Sonor's and a room built around them.

I played with these sticks the other day and the sound on the flat top ride that I have was remarkable! My friend who has these sticks isn't letting them out of his sight so I need to find a few pair.

Vic Firth Joe Procaro Diamond Tip 8an nylon tip

They've been discontinued but I want'm. Any idea where I might find a few pair?

The old Joe Porcaro JPH8AN stick was 16 1/8" long and 0.545" wide. Vic Firth do a Tony Royster Jr model which is 16 1/8" and 0.547" but has no nylon tip. If you really want a nylon tip they do a Jack DeJohnette SJDN which is 16 5/16" long and 0.565" wide.

Other manufactures may do models that come closer to what you're after. Interestingly the new Joe Porcaro model is shorter and wider - 16" by 0.565".

I actually have a pair.... Joe gave everyone in the class a set ....about 13 years ago when I had him for advanced jazz studies at MI

I think they are horrible....but I keep them

If you can't find them, you might want to consider using the "Swing" sticks from Vater. 16" x .535 nylon tip available. I'm guessing that would suit your needs.

The old Joe Porcaro JPH8AN stick was 16 1/8" long and 0.545" wide. Vic Firth do a Tony Royster Jr model which is 16 1/8" and 0.547" but has no nylon tip. If you really want a nylon tip they do a Jack DeJohnette SJDN which is 16 5/16" long and 0.565" wide.

Other manufactures may do models that come closer to what you're after. Interestingly the new Joe Porcaro model is shorter and wider - 16" by 0.565".

I think the cymbal sound that I liked so much when I tried the Procaro 8an was because of the extremely small tip. I'll do a search for the DeJohnette SJDN and hope for the tiny tip. Thanks for your expertise!

I actually have a pair.... Joe gave everyone in the class a set ....about 13 years ago when I had him for advanced jazz studies at MI

I think they are horrible....but I keep them

But WAIT.... you don't seem to understand.... I want them!! :)

Back