Reapplying Rogers Script badge: screw or brad?

ConcertTom

Have an early 70's Rogers Powertone kit that I'm slowly working on refinishing (mostly by taking off the black wrap and finishing the wood so it's natural grain).

I'm putting hardware on my "test" drum (the one size I thought i wouldn't really use so it wouldn't matter if I screwed up on the refinish, though now it turns out I want that size on my setup. Luckily I didn't do TOO bad a job on it).

Anyway, I'm moving the script logo badge to a different location and I was thinking about using little screws instead of nails or brads because it just seems more sturdy to me.

Does anyone have any compelling reason why I should go with one or the other? And what kind of screw/nail/brad I should use? I went to my local mom n pop hardware store looking for a micro round head wood screw and the guy told me "you ain't gonna find nuttin like that in a store!" His suggestion was "the internet" but I don't know what kind I should looking for.

Thoughts?

If you have little holes in the badges these are the right stuff.

s-l225.jpg

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this. Busy week.

Can you tell me what these are? I mean, they're obviously nails of some kind, but are they a specific kind and size?

And while I know the original badge used a nail, what would be th disadvantage to using a small screw? I'm always worried about small nails coming loose and rattling.

Back