Question regarding Original Roc N Soc (non-nitro)

AxisDrummer

Hey guys,

I'm starting to do some hardware upgrades, starting with throne first. "Buy twice, cry the second time." :p

Not a big fan of the Roc N' Soc Nitro "bounciness" but am considering the Roc N' Soc original with manual spindle.

My question is: Is the throne being help up by that one little pin without additional support or memory locks? Photos make it look that way. My current throne is Sound Percussion (Musician Friend private label) and it's pretty meaty as far as the support post.

Looking for anyone with prior experience to convince me that it's sturdy and won't slip. I'm average size at 5'10" 185lbs

Thanks ahead of time!
---Mike

It comes with a mem lock hub on the spindle. I took mine off to save weight. I like mine to rotate, but yea, they come equipped with them. Great throne that I will probably play on till I die. I like the nitro, but the gas shock failed on me at a gig. That was 2006. I got a spindle and have been using it for the last 8 years. The seat top, after about 500 gigs, still looks like it will last till 2115.

Back