jafo

Hi all. New to the forum. I'm 42 going on 43 this June. I've been a member of another forum for some time but figured it was time to branch out alittle. I'm alittle like a sponge when it comes to drumming knowledge. I like old as well as new styles. My current kit consists of a 6 piece Gretsch Catalina Maple mounted on a PDP drum rack along with a set of Paiste 2002 Cymbals, 19"- 18"- 17" crashes and 20" ride. 13"and 14" Paiste Prototype hats. I currently have switched over to a 14" x 6.5" Ludwig Stainless Black Magic snare. I'm aiming at aquiring a Ludwig Zep maple kit in the future.

I'm still rather new to drumming but have been playing for a couple years, mostly off and on. I do not currently play in any bands, and am pretty happy just getting in the drum room and jamm'n by myself.

I'm interested in playing mainly clissic rock. John Bonham is basicaly my insperation. I do like Niel Peart, Peter Criss ect. John's by far my favorite.

My current interests are drumming, recreational firearms and reloading, hunting/fishing. Sports I like are Motocross, dragracing (which I have actively participated in both) and of coarse American football and baseball.

If you have any questions or comments ........feel free.

Welcome! Glad to have you. We like pics, lots and lots of pics! Please post some of your kit when you have a chance.

Welcome to the brotherhood!
If John Bonham inspires you...that's good enough! He wrote the bible in rock drumming. If you are happy enjoying your drums...that's what it counts.

Jafo, welcome, recognize you from the 'other forum'. Go Gretsch!

Hey! Like I said before, looking to get out and about. You know I have been stuck overthere for awhile and needed to get out and meet new drummin people.

Back