Ludwig Atlas Pro Double Pedal

gmiller598

What is everyone's experience with the Atlas double pedal?

I currently have a DW 3002 double and after over a year with it, I'm still struggling to get it set comfortably. I already have all Atlas standard hardware so I'm considering the Atlas double for continuity in pedal feel between my high hat and bass pedal.

Is it an easy pedal to play doubles on as a single pedal? How is the speed?

There are not a ton of options as far as setting up a DW3002. Most chain driven pedals dont have full adjustability.

Your question is strange. Can you play doubles as easily as a single pedal? On a double pedal?

Your ability to play techniques on a pedal has to do with your foot technique, not the pedal. How fast you play a pedal has to do with your foot technique, not the pedal. Honestly.

Most all professional foot pedals are good to pull off any technique you develop. The Atlas is no exception.

I know I have a certain amount of technique thats necessary. I've tried the springs tight and I've tried them loose but I just continue to struggle finding a way to consistently play solid doubles. I have issues controlling the rebound of the pedal for the 2nd stroke. It just seems to feel sluggish to me no matter what I do and the footboard doesn't seem to rebound at the same speed I would like it to in order to control a 2nd stroke.

I know I have some technique items to address with my playing but I'm just starting to wonder if the pedal itself is hindering my foot development because its not balanced correctly or for a multitude of reasons. I'm mainly asking on the Atlas pedal to see if anyone has experience with the capacity to make adjustments and get comfortable with.

I sat in my local drum shop today and tried out some of their pedals. I didn't try to make a ton of adjustments to every pedal in there but I sort of felt a certain level of comfort with the Iron Cobra or the DW 9000 as they seemed more fluid, well balanced, and without a ton of resistance. Maybe I need to look down that route but I was wondering if the Atlas pro feels like that from anyone's experience.

Cool thanks for the heads up. I mY need to look into that. It would be cheaper than buying a new pedal. If it helps smooth out the motion of my 3002, it sounds worth it.

What is everyone's experience with the Atlas double pedal?

I currently have a DW 3002 double and after over a year with it, I'm still struggling to get it set comfortably. I already have all Atlas standard hardware so I'm considering the Atlas double for continuity in pedal feel between my high hat and bass pedal.

Is it an easy pedal to play doubles on as a single pedal? How is the speed?

I have 4 pairs of the Atlas Pro double pedals set up on different sets and Love, Love, Love them. They are infinitely adjustable, very fast and smooth and have a timeless design. The construction is spot on and sturdy. You will not be dissapointed.....If you shop around you will find them at a very affordable price for a pro-level pedal...

Back