Top 5 easiest Zeppelin Songs to learn

No, they're really hard! How many people can sit there behind the drums for 4 minutes and not hit anything?

In no particular order:

1. When the levy breaks.
2. Kashmir
3. Since I've been loving you
4. All of my love
5. I'm gonna crawl

Not going to rehash the songs already mentioned but I will say "Rock-n-Roll" is probably the easiest song to play. Although the seasoned beginner may have trouble with that little solo at the end. "Dazed and confused" is easy also if you like playing the blues.

- When the Levee Breaks is a good slow song,careful with the bass notes.....the Immigrant song is good too,i think its played at 112 with a double time feel.There is a how to on this site with sound,just play it slower until you can fit the bass in.
Unless you know how to play,i wouldn't try rock'n roll or good times bad times...both are harder then a lot of people think.

I was also surprised to see The Immigrant Song show up on this thread. My ears may not be hearing him right on this, but it sounds like he's playing his kick and snare note for note with John Paul Jones on that song. If so, that's five kick beats per measure, with the first, fourth and fifth being syncopated. That's a hard song to play for alot of intermediate drummers without strong right shin and calf muscles, especially at the pace Zeppelin does it at.

I cant believe i forgot this one.

Actually i would have to say that its by far the easiest Zeppelin song i know of when it comes to drums. I guess for the novice drummer the beat is not that easy, but if a begginner would just sit down and learn that one beat, then they know the song. 99% of that song is that one beat.

I cant believe i forgot this one.

Actually i would have to say that its by far the easiest Zeppelin song i know of when it comes to drums. I guess for the novice drummer the beat is not that easy, but if a begginner would just sit down and learn that one beat, then they know the song. 99% of that song is that one beat.

I would have to disagree, that is if you are playing it according to transcription:

http://www.drummagazine.com/images/bonham/bonham-traps07.pdf

See page 48

There's 6 syncopated bass drum beats per measure. I am teaching my stepson to play right now, and he's having to really work on syncs as do most beginning drummers. I have him up to a good pace, but he still can't play the Immigrant Song at the pace Zep does it at. I would categorize it more as an intermediate or advanced beginner song only because of the syncopations. I even think Stairway or Levee would be easier for a beginner than this song.

Geeze. I like Zep, but haven't ever really played any.

I'd say Kashmir sounds easy and Communication Breakdown.

Oh yea, Fool in the Rain is REALLY easy. j/k...Fool in the Rain sound ass hard to me.

I was surprised to see Good Times, Bad Times on here, cause not many people can do the triplets that Bonzo does on the bass drum. I can't really say what the easiest song for me is, because I haven't tried that many songs surprisingly. But you would think that the Immigrant Song would be easy, but if I tried it, I would be like, woah! That's harder then it sounds! I'm not sure though. I haven't tried it yet.

Easiest, from what I can remember that is...
1. Houses of the Holy (the song not the album)
2. Since I've Been Loving You
3. In the Evening
4. Hot Dog
5. Kashmir (my very first introduction into independence ...the double kick under the quarter note hi-hats was a real bugger when I was first learning) But after that the song was pretty much a breeeeeze.

Hardest.
1. Achille's Last Stand (fun as heck though)
2. Fool In The Rain (how many tracks are there in the middle section anyway?)
3. Moby Dick (Only because I never bothered)
4. Rock and Roll (not THAT hard, but you just CAN'T sound like Bonham playing that)
5. Good Times Bad Times ( I don't know why that's on anyone's easy list, I've seen so many guys blow it big time)

The top 2 tunes are:

Going to California & Bron-yr-aur

Bonzolead

let me add three more to make it five:

That's The Way
Friends
The Battle Of Evermore

:)

The rest aren't easy...try playing Rock & Roll the "right way". I've met so many drummers play it soooo wrong. Tip: watch the LED ZEPPELIN DVD with the Knebworth '79 footage...that's how it's done.

I'd add Stairway to Heaven to that list. Good song to develop timing skills.

Peace

Back