Official One-Up, Two-Down thread

JerryOnDrums

I searched, and didn't find anything, so I hope this one hasn't been done already...

Anyhow, let's see 'em boys and girls! I'll start:

IMG_0776.jpg

a little more recent..
IMG_1926.jpg

One up, 2 down.....+1...is that cheating?

RS11208.jpg

One up, 2 down...+2...OK, I know I'm pushing it.......but it has a gong!!
:)

P10104462.jpg

2 questions:

How huge is that bass?????????

How do you reach the china's behind you??

Bram

Kick is 20" deep x26 (diam)....it's so awesome, I just love that drum size (I have another one in Sable Black with long lugs too...pic below).

The china's are actually pretty close to me, and kinda boomed in.
I can play them from behind too for things like suspended rolls--they sound pretty cool that way.
They are (custom ordered size) 21" AAX chinas w/rivets.

Boomed in kinda like this, but not as much these days...but I won't rule out changing back to boomed like this sometime.
They are also quite a bit lower now.

The china's in this pic were pretty high, and I raised my hands a little to roll on the bottom from the back.

sideview.jpg

The hat side one I can raise my hand and play patterns on if I want, it's pretty close, but I can still raise my arm higher, and not hit it (since it's moved back a bit) if I want to get all Tommy Aldridge about it.

Yeah, that gong is cool....I like using it, the band likes it, and people don't know what to say when you set it up at a show, & that's fun too!
People don't really know what to make of the 2 china's either, so it's always fun to set the kit up.

Thanks for the nice words!

RogerLudwig,I love your kit,it sorta looks like mine,but with a different finish...

Attachments

• Picture200.jpg
    Picture200.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 7,587
RogerLudwig,I love your kit,it sorta looks like mine,but with a different finish...

I was noticing the same thing on the "Show off your Ludiwig's thread"! You have a great looking kit. I also have a 9x13 that I use instead of the 8x12 (shown in the pic) when I play rock gigs (I play either one up/two down or one up/one down, never do I use two rack toms). I also have the larger classic lugs on all of the drums except the 8x12, which has the mini-classic lugs. The folks at Ontario Music said he older versions of the classic maples had smaller lugs on all shells 8x12 or smaller...so that overall symmetry was maintained. I think it worked out pretty well with my kit.

I ordered a matching 6.5 x 14 LS403 last Friday. Hope it comes soon.

I have to say I really like the BOP wrap on your kit. I also liked the new Sunset Diamond Pearl and Indigo Sparkle wraps that came out last year, but in the end, I just had to have WMP; the only finish I've ever owned in a drum kit! With all of the great wraps, I don't think I'd ever want a laquer or natural finish.

How do you tune yours? I put the snare at middle C and then tune down a 1/3 on each of the toms.

Back