gretsch renown maple in blue burst

shrpshtr37

what would be a reasonable price for a set like this without lowballing? Condition is excellent..

1. 4 piece gretsch renown maple drum set in blue burst.
2. 1 zildjan avedis 20 inch ping ride
3. 1 set zildjan avedis 14 inch mastersound hi hat
4. 1 sabian paragon 20 inch crash cymbal
5. 1 sabian paragon 18 inch crash cymbal
6. 1 sabian paragon 19 inch china cymbal
7. 1 drum worshop heavy duty snare stand
8. 1 drum workshop 9000 double pedal with dw hard case
9. 1 sound percussion drum throne
10. 1 set of miscellaneous hardware/cymbal stands/hi hat stand
11. 1 skb roto-x cymbal hard case

Adding them all up (assuming the Renown is 2 toms, snare, and kick, not 3 toms and kick), I get something like ~$3350. (edit: this is an estimation of how much the whole package was worth when bought new)
(kit = ~$1150 cymbals = ~$1150 pedal = ~$600 hardware = ~$450)

So, used, probably ~$2000-2200 for everything together. Personally, I'd probably part them all out, the parts being:

- The kit

- Each cymbal individually (hi-hats as pair) and the case separately

- All hardware individually (except for a lot of the cymbal stands)

And offer a slight discount if your purchaser would like to buy multiple items from you. You are more likely to sell them as parts than a complete package, and you can probably make more money if you sell everything.

Last edited:
agreed, part out, few buyers will want to buy all that in one go.
maybe somebody likes gretsch but doesn't like paragons, etc.
a good guide of prices (which vary regionally) are past auctions on ebay or your local c/list. good luck.

I bought my Renowns a few years ago, Bass and four toms for 700.00. I realize this was a steal but I think 3300. is very high. I would peruse eBay for like equipment and see what the market will bear. Don't know how old it all is but don't kill the deal with a too high number . Parting it out would probably be better. The Gretsch guy might not like the Sabians or vice versa.

thank you both for your insights, i know its a huge chunk of money.. so yeah i was thinking part out for maximum return.

if i list it individually would this look reasonable?

1. 4 piece maple drum set ($1200)
2. 1 zildjan avedis 20 inch ping ride ($150)
3. 1 set zildjan avedis 14 inch mastersound hi hat ($200)
4. 1 sabian paragon 20 inch crash cymbal ($225)
5. 1 sabian paragon 18 inch crash cymbal ($200)
6. 1 sabian paragon 19 inch china cymbal ($225)
7. 1 drum worshop heavy duty snare stand ($150)
8. 1 drum workshop 9000 double pedal with dw hard case ($450)
9. 1 sound percussion drum throne ($75)
10. 1 set of miscellaneous hardware/cymbal stands/hi hat stand ($300)
11. 1 skb roto-x cymbal hard case ($75)

or the whole package deal $2500-2750 a fair price?

i appreciate the help :)

thank you gruntersdad, the set is immaculate except for a couple of light scratches. the wood is perfect, i had this set for 4 years, it never seen a gig. the paragons are nearly brand new, i got them later and haven't seen much use. the double pedal is also in excellent condition.

Since I apparently did not put enough emphasis on the last sentence- I did not say that $3300 is a reasonable price to sell them, I said that seems like about the price you'd buy them new. Again, probably around $2000-2500 if you are selling them all as one unit.

So is the Renown a snare, kick, and 2 toms, OR 3 toms and a kick? Either way I think $1000 is the max, probably less if it's just toms(Not much less though, still above $800). Everything else seems like a good price!

Back