the Dualist debate...

It takes your 'stroke' and doubles it. That's cheating. Period. You hit one note yet it hits two. C'mon, guys, this shouldn't even be a debate.

I don't own a Dualist, I'm never likely to and really don't care either way.......but in the interests of a healthy debate, couldn't we say the same about a double stroke?

When played at speed, I drop my wrist once and rely on rebound for the second stroke....isn't that effectively "two for the price of one" also? What about a triple stroke....man, talk about greed......THREE individual hits from one humble stroke. :)

Not bad. But, the double stroke, you still have to hit the head. The rebound wouldn't make a sound at all. The sound is made from the hand pushing the stick against the head. The rebound just made it possible to do it faster.

LOL. same here. That was good to use my comments saying that it "doubles your strokes" thus a double stroke....

I am just not a big fan of this thing, but never played it,so I probably shouldnt be criticizing it either, just something about it doesnt sit right with me.

I think I would only use one if I had more than enough money to buy one, broke one of my feet, or found it at a store.
I did, however, see a guy with 2 of the double dualist (which is 6 beaters) and it sounded...really really fast. Definetly sounded cool, but was a major downer since it was 6 beaters.

I can see this issue going both ways. I've seen both good and bad reviews for the pedal, and I don't need to read through more than half a page of this thread to see how much flack the pedal really takes from the people that are opposed to what they perceive is something with which a drummer can "cheat."

I honestly don't care much for it. I've got an old Pacific double pedal, a Gibraltar drop-clutch, and an auxiliary pair of hi-hats that all suit me fine. I myself don't see the logic in buying a Duallist because I'm fine with what I have. Some people may want to be able to play grooves that would normally require two feet and still be able to control a hi-hat. More power to 'em!

Personally, I'm siding with the "that could lead to some nasty grooves" camp, because you can't really "cheat" with this - you're just adding to your stylistic arsenal just by nature of the fact that a Duallist allows you to free up your hi-hat foot to work with the hi-hat and not a second bass pedal.

I've been dying to try these, but I don't think I'd like to own them. I have enough trouble with the oldschool drum techniques. Having to use this pedal would just be one more thing to learn how to use. I prefer a good old fashioned double pedal any day. But if you know how to use this or have the motivation to learn, I don't see any negatives with it.

I can see this issue going both ways. I've seen both good and bad reviews for the pedal, and I don't need to read through more than half a page of this thread to see how much flack the pedal really takes from the people that are opposed to what they perceive is something with which a drummer can "cheat."

I honestly don't care much for it. I've got an old Pacific double pedal, a Gibraltar drop-clutch, and an auxiliary pair of hi-hats that all suit me fine. I myself don't see the logic in buying a Duallist because I'm fine with what I have. Some people may want to be able to play grooves that would normally require two feet and still be able to control a hi-hat. More power to 'em!

Personally, I'm siding with the "that could lead to some nasty grooves" camp, because you can't really "cheat" with this - you're just adding to your stylistic arsenal just by nature of the fact that a Duallist allows you to free up your hi-hat foot to work with the hi-hat and not a second bass pedal.

That's why I use a Duallist. I like being able to play hihat, wood block or tambourine with my left foot while pumping out 16ths or sick shuffles on the bass. I have three pedals for my left foot, but no double pedal. My right foot can do just about whatever I need it to with a Duallist.

Back