2 Legged Hi hat Stands

Class A Drummer

Pioneer Member
Hey, does anyone know of any cheap 2 Legged hi hat stands? Most that i see on google are over 100$. Or is 100+ a cheap price and im just out of it?

I ask because my hi hat stand has 3 legs, barley works, and interferes with comfortably being able to use my double pedal.

thanks

I think anything good and new is going to be $150.00 or more.

It may be possible to modify your existing stand. I have a few 2 leg stands and a 3 leg stand. my 3 le stand has the abilty ro rotate the legs. I and use it with my double pedal no problem.

What kind of stand do you have now?

It may be possible to modify your existing stand. I have a few 2 leg stands and a 3 leg stand. my 3 le stand has the abilty ro rotate the legs. I and use it with my double pedal no problem.

I have a CB stand, that came with my original CB Drumset 8 or 9 years ago when i got it.

Its so crappy, the stuff always comes loose whenever im playing so the left foot pedal just goes dead. This happens when i play too hard on the hi hats. I guess i may as well invest in a nice pedal thats around 150$.

I have a 75$ pdp 2 leg hi hat stand. My problem is I play double bass with 2 bass drums and I can't place my hi hat where I want it without it falling over into the bass drum because the 2 legs and the pedal don't make a good triangular base. I was thinking about getting one of those pearl hi-hat thingies that attach to the bass drum rim. Anyone else do this?

Most decent traditional 3 legged HH stands have rotating legs anyway so getting a 2 legged stand isn't going to accomplish a whole lot. You can just pivot the leg assembly on any decent 3 legged HH stand to accommodate for a dbl pedal. 2 legged stands ARE useful though when you have a multi-pedal set up.

It isn't hard to make a three-legged stand into a two-legged, or even a no-legged. I have done that - I removed one of the legs from a cymbal stand and all of the legs from a hihat stand and I have clamped the hihat stand to the cymbal stand, so they both support each other. Instead of up to seven points of contact, I have three, and plenty of room for two percussion pedals.

i know you said under $100 i have no clue what that is but. u pay for what ya get :) mabey purchase a nice one and it will be very robust and sterdy and not just fall over :)

but like said below. just pop the rivet out of a 3 legged stand.

:) :)

or what i used to do. which was to fold the legs up completely and mount it on a bracket...

Richy:)

Most decent traditional 3 legged HH stands have rotating legs anyway so getting a 2 legged stand isn't going to accomplish a whole lot. You can just pivot the leg assembly on any decent 3 legged HH stand to accommodate for a dbl pedal. 2 legged stands ARE useful though when you have a multi-pedal set up.

Hmm im going to have to try that . I never even thought about pivoting them.

The Tama Roadpro (model HH75W) is probably the best 3-legged HH stand I've seen for the money. They sell for less than $100 brand new and it's the line right below the Iron Cobra line. If you're gonna gig with it, then this is the stand for you!! I'm fairly certain the legs swivel, taking care of your positioning problem, it comes with a 5 year warranty, adjustable tension and footboard angle, and the hi-hat bar can easily be removed and then placed upside-down to hide inside the stand's tubing to prevent it from getting bent during transport. Very solid.

For something 2-legged, $150 is cutting it pretty close. I have a 2-legged Yamaha (HS1000) which I like but I had to fiddle with the "swiveling" of the legs to find a position that both prevents wobbling and doesn't interfere with all the other stands/legs that are located nearby on my kit set-up (not sure what it costs though because it came with my Yamaha kit). The Pearl H2000 Eliminator would be around $150 and looks very sturdy. Pearl makes great hardware at a fair price IMO.

Hope that helps,

Mike

The Tama Roadpro (model HH75W) is probably the best 3-legged HH stand I've seen for the money. They sell for less than $100 brand new and it's the line right below the Iron Cobra line. If you're gonna gig with it, then this is the stand for you!! I'm fairly certain the legs swivel, taking care of your positioning problem, it comes with a 5 year warranty, adjustable tension and footboard angle, and the hi-hat bar can easily be removed and then placed upside-down to hide inside the stand's tubing to prevent it from getting bent during transport. Very solid.

For something 2-legged, $150 is cutting it pretty close. I have a 2-legged Yamaha (HS1000) which I like but I had to fiddle with the "swiveling" of the legs to find a position that both prevents wobbling and doesn't interfere with all the other stands/legs that are located nearby on my kit set-up (not sure what it costs though because it came with my Yamaha kit). The Pearl H2000 Eliminator would be around $150 and looks very sturdy. Pearl makes great hardware at a fair price IMO.

Hope that helps,

Mike

I was going to suggest the Tama Iron Cobra but they are priced over $150. A good way to look at it is that you are making an investment in your equipment. So you would need to do some investigating on your own to find out what is best for you.

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw

The lighter weight DW 5500TL is a great stand.

Not that much money, and it's very sturdy.

I really like mine, but I did change over to the delta hinge, it made a little difference, but it's not necessary...I mostly did it because I could--I didn't buy a delta hinge for it, I had one.

I didn't pay much over $100 for it, it's very roadworthy, and came with two pull rod lengths.

http://dwdrums.com/hardware/5500TL.htm

I have an old, crappy CB hi-hat stand, and the braces are stopping me from moving the legs. This isn't my photo, but the exact stand i have (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=330439815511). I found that when you unhitch the metal wire traveling under the pedal from the main stand, the legs DO rotate, but your pedal then wobbles everywhere, and the entire stand loses massive amounts of stability and playability. What should i do?

Try Millenium for a cheap two legged hi-hat stand. I saw a pretty good looking one on Thomann.de website for ridiculously cheap.

Back