Seeking Rare Colaiuta Album

skreg

I've been hunting high and low for "Images" by Bill Meyers and I can't find a copy of it anywhere. Some of the tracks are on YouTube but I'd really like to have the whole thing. It's really a masterpiece, and it features an unbelieveable classic west-coast all-star lineup.

From the rare album "Images" (©1986, SPT-9114 Spindletop Records, USA)

Featuring:
Bill Meyers
Larry Carlton
Vinnie Colaiuta
Brandon Fields
Mike Landau
Ernie Watts
Neil Stubenhaus
Michael Fisher
Jerry Hey
Larry Williams
Bill Reichenbach

Produced by Bill Meyers

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this?

Thanks,

-sheldon

i approve this message. :-D i hope you find the album, some great compositions in there. here is my transcription (from back in the day) of Vinnie's ripping 2-bar solos in "Voyager" at BMP=175.

gch85QnHXip5f7tGOqKXFpLEq0WsXaoxOfxlkI2Gukg=w584-h622-no

my Google post on this break: https://plus.google.com/+GeoffGillDrums/posts/WeYA8BKYToN

Awesome double_G! I'll have to give that a try when I get back into woodshedding later this year.

I may pull the trigger on the $50 amazon option and just resell it right away. I'm going to hold off for a week or so and see if anybody has any info.

-sheldon

Nice transcriptions!

The triplet based ones don't seem *too* hard. Assuming you're supposed to play the sextuplets are double strokes/drags, I can shed those fairly easily. Just have to be able to do drags on toms at that tempo, a bit harder than a snare.

Nice transcriptions!

The triplet based ones don't seem *too* hard. Assuming you're supposed to play the sextuplets are double strokes/drags, I can shed those fairly easily. Just have to be able to do drags on toms at that tempo, a bit harder than a snare.

Sort of a side track of this conversation, but . . .

The tough thing for me with transcriptions is never the mechanics of the stickings. It's always trying to memorize the phrase. I've pretty much given up on anything over 8 beats for this reason. I just take ideas out of transcriptions rather than trying to play them though. Anybody else struggle with this?

-sheldon

yeah, @Seafroggys the solos seems to be double-strokes on the snare but single-strokes on the toms (ala Cobham, Weckl) in measure 10 and 13-14. some cool "blushda" action happening too but w/ 2 double strokes after the flams like a 5-stroke. the figures in measures 1-2...loop beat 4-1. a great lick, i think from Tony. :)

@skreg -- agreed. i think i retain about 2 measures long-term unless i am actively reading thru the whole solo & working it each day.

Back