Ludwig Drums Factory in Monroe, NC

Drummertist

Silver Member
I live 3 hours away from the Ludwig Drum Factory in Monroe, NC and I was wondering if there is any way to check out the factory....like a tour or contact info so I can buy a kit directly from the factory. Do they do that?

This question is a little vague, but I'm just interested if anyone has any inside tips about contacting their factory...
Sorry, just wanting more info....I live so close to it....

They do but it's off limits to people with Tama in their avatar.

Oh....you got jokes.....

Just because I have Tama in my avatar doesn't mean I hate other drum makers. Ludwig is classic....man!

So do you just show up there or do you contact them to make an appointment, etc.?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Drummertist

How are you? No, it is not open for tours to the general public, unfortunately, and you have to buy from a dealer..

Pat

Drummertist

How are you? No, it is not open for tours to the general public, unfortunately, and you have to buy from a dealer..

Pat

That sucks. Oh well, I guess you could just drive up there and stand outside of the factory, looking longingly through the windows, like a first-class creeper.

Hey Pat! Good to hear from you!

Oh, and yeah.....I might just do that....

Attachments

• funny cat Shrek puss'n boots.jpg
    funny cat Shrek puss'n boots.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6,607
Oh, and yeah.....I might just do that....

I was thinking more along the lines of...

free_candy.jpg

...No, it is not open for tours to the general public, unfortunately, and you have to buy from a dealer..

Pat

Pat, Sorry to hear that they no longer give factory tours.

I did tour the factory back in the late '80s. I got the plant phone number from a music store outside of Charlotte, NC. The plant manager, a guy named Dick Gerlach, spent the whole day with just me, my 11 year old son, and a young exchange student from Germany. We toured the entire plant while Dick offered facts and commentary. A wonderful day.

I'm still a Ludwig fan.

Back