Who got drums? This guy got drums!

Local classified-ad score, and I only had to empty the change jar!

Scored me this little 5 pc TKO kit for $50. I know, I know - it sucks, it's crap, it's junk, it'll make nice firewood... but hey, it's something to play on while I save up for the mega-super-duper kit.

Can't wait to make noise... grab your earplugs!

Attachments

• Drums.jpg
    Drums.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 475
Score that a technical knock out, will ya? Groove a little to "Love TKO" by Teddy Pendergrass...

Nice score! I agree - spend a couple hundred and put really decent heads on it and you'll be surprised how good they'll sound. I did that to an ancient Kent import set from Taiwan with its mystery wood shells and played it for several years on theater gigs where icould leave it somewhere and not worry about it. It was amazing.

that snare might be a little awkward to play in that position..... ;)

And the best part is that it’s all set up and ready to rock!

that snare might be a little awkward to play in that position..... ;)

Hehe, yeah, that's the "where it was" shot... can't wait to get a "where it is" shot when I get it home.

Put some decent heads on that kit and it won't sound bad...nice score.:)
Steve B

Nice score! I agree - spend a couple hundred and put really decent heads on it and you'll be surprised how good they'll sound. I did that to an ancient Kent import set from Taiwan with its mystery wood shells and played it for several years on theater gigs where icould leave it somewhere and not worry about it. It was amazing.

That might be in the cards. This is strictly a "I need some drums to learn on while I save up for my crazy-expensive-OMG-I-can't-believe-I-bought-that kit"... kit, this fall.

When I done, I'll donate it to a local music student or school. That's kind of my M-O on purchases like this (did the same with a couple cheapo-basses over the years).

Score that a technical knock out, will ya? Groove a little to "Love TKO" by Teddy Pendergrass...

I'm in!

Beat it like it owes you money!

The price was right. Many times I see the asking price for similar kits at around $200. I always wonder if the sellers ever get that.

See if he will through in one of those Oriental rugs that is in the pic with the kit.

Just got this home and WHOA BABY does it sound BAD! Like plastic-tubs and metal garbage can lids bad, haha. Heck, the bass skin had a hole in it from the chain drive smashing into it. And the hats and cymbals are worthless.

But it's all good, I got a set of Emperors lined up for Saturday pick-up that should help my cause. And I'm thinkin' of pulling the trigger on a basic Gibralter or Dixon hardware pack. I figure even if the "kit to be purchased later" comes with great hardware, you can never have too much solid stuff, right? And... I figure I can find a workable set of hats and a crash-ride that are at least cymbal-ey easy and cheap enough...

...and to think, I finally stopped my GAS problem two years ago.

Time to get to work!

***Edit - For Larryz, haha***

Last edited:
two of my five kits are/were purchased like that- get something to put somewhere so you dont have to haul em or worry about em. Refreshing really.

I would def go for hardware and cymbals- there is nothing worse than the sound percussion hardware they are selling at GC near me- chinese shit.

I paid $90 bucks for a mapex mars pro kit with coated heads and it was tuned to perfection and still sounds killer. Kids mom sold his kit when he was at college..... B8 cymbals make you want to quit tho.

Local classified-ad score, and I only had to empty the change jar!

Scored me this little 5 pc TKO kit for $50. I know, I know - it sucks, it's crap, it's junk, it'll make nice firewood... but hey, it's something to play on while I save up for the mega-super-duper kit.

Can't wait to make noise... grab your earplugs!
It's not what you got it's how you play what you got..lol

you be surprised just putting new heads will do.

Congrats,
Bonzolead

Back