rehearsal places

MisterZero

Ok, I used the search engine to no avail, but, like almost everything else, this has been covered, but here goes...Do any of you guys have an idea for practice places? I mean a place where I can leave my stuff set up 24/7. None of our houses are acceptable places. We currently practice in an old church converted to commercial property. It works out well, but both my keyboardist and myself, who lug a ton of stuff and require a good 20 minutes to set up and another to tear down, want a place where we can leave our gear when not practicing. Any ideas?

Ask some bands in your area. In Seattle we have quite a few and Google searches for "rehearsal space" turns up results. Ask questions about reliable/clean power (is each room on their own circuit), HVAC (in Seattle these businesses are listed as occupied storage and code requires them to have HVAC systems; not all do and they are a pain in the ass if they are not insulated properly - lots of sympathetic noise from neighboring rooms), 24 hour/holiday access, ease of entry, SECURITY OF BUILDING (cameras, FOB/keyless systems), and anything else you have as a concern.

Here is a link to the most meticulously constructed facility I've ever seen: http://www.nwrehearsalstudio.com/
They all can't be this good, but this is a good reference point of what they can be.

In my town, there's a lot of old small houses for cheap rent where the bands rehearse and keeps their stuff. There's also garages and other whith cheaper rent places for it, usually old woman's houses where the noise is not a problem 'cause they're half-deaf :)

Here's one in your area that I found using google. Dunno if they're full or not, but if they are, they probably know who their competitors are.

[email protected]. You can also call AnneMarie @ 716-796-4276 -OR- James @ 716-864-5651

You can come to my place but I get to be the drummer. :)

Buffalo Band Space in North Buffalo has a few rooms available immediately starting at $200 per month. First month and one month security due upon entry, month to month lease of room. 24 hour access, 7 days a week. There is a coded security door for building entrance. Lounge area with ping pong and foosball. Improvements being made continually to the facility.

To view the available rooms, call Joe 716.425.5790 or email the link above.

For floor plan, pictures and more info, visit us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buffalo-Band-Space/249788105052543

try to find a storage unit with climate control, lighting, and electrical outlets (if you have to power your PA, amps, laptops for midi or whatever, and lighting, there probably won't be enough juice for all of that...that's why it might be best to have a place with lighting inside the actual unit). keep in mind, quality storage units are walled in with concrete, with a metal garage-style door, so you'll want to get some carpets on the floor, and some fabric on the walls to keep the echoing under control. me and my old bandmates did this. i went to a flooring place, told them what i was up to, and they were eager to give me some unwanted carpet (not much was wrong with it, no chemicals spilt on it or blood-lol, the weaving was a little screwed up, and some dark spots from the factory.. held together fine, just couldn't be sold). i tipped the guys that helped me pack it up, since they don't do that usually, and i had a shit ton of sound absorbing material for next to nothing!!! we placed a big sheet of it on the floor, then cut the rest into smaller squares for easier handling. what we cut was glued onto the walls with a hot glue gun (i made a large X on the back of the carpet and a split second later another dude would slap it onto the wall). just use a chisel to get the dried glue off the wall when you're done!!!

Wow. thanks guys, you all rock! Thank you for Mike and ian for actually searching my neck of the woods, too. i googled, but got nothnig, aslthough I NEVER go past the first page of Google results..lol. And Moon, too.

Last edited:
Wow. thanks guys, you all rock! Thank you for Mike and ian for actually searching my neck of the woods, too. i googled, but got nothnig, aslthough I NEVER go past the first page of Google results..lol.

lol, same here with google...except for school. if u do go the storage unit route like i did, make sure they have video surveillance and stuff like that. tends to be cheaper, even tho a real rehearsal space is always nice!!

OK, i see i thnked Ian rather than Moon. thanks to both...:)

Thanks Drumfreak..... I checked out Buffalo Band space. really cool.I really like the guy running it, too. I think we're gonna start playing there November 1st. Thanks again to all....

Back