8x14 Acrylic Snare

_Mark

I was thinking about getting an 8x14 SJC Acrylic snare with wood (butcher) hoops. Any thoughts? I was wanting it to be a real deep, almost ballad snare sound.

Mark

thoughts? I love 14x8 snares and I love acrylic snares. Would probably sound sweet, but I'd only get it if I knew I planned to keep it forever. Used re-sale would be awful. Cheaper deep snares can be had if that's the sound your after. I run a 15x12 and 14x10/14x12 often, they slay all amps.

Go for it man! I love my 6 x 14 Pork Pie acrylic and have heard a 7 x 14, I would love to get my hands on a 8!

I read somewhere it's got a ton of ring, but an unique one. I am moving away from ring, so I've unfortunately decided against it.

I read somewhere it's got a ton of ring, but an unique one. I am moving away from ring, so I've unfortunately decided against it.

You've got that information backwords. Even with a 1ply head on my 14x6 acrylic snare is very bright and quick sounding. Ringy snares would be more of the steel or brass variety. If your interested in hearing said snare with a 1ply head and a full vistalite kit PM me.

Back