A little game....

Super Phil

We've been out on the road for a couple of months, and I may or may not have left some random drums lying around my living room, lol. So my nephew just sent me a picture that he got a rack and organized some of my stuff, and it looks great!
When I saw the picture I thought of a question: All these drums are by the same manufacturer except for ONE. Which drum is the odd one out and who makes it? (Should be pretty easy for some of the sharp Drummerworld eyes. All these drums have the original finish also, so no tricks there.)

I'm guessing the bottom left one? Can't tell if that's a Starclassic or not?

very nice collection. That is that snare on the bottom center?

Ah yes, that is a Taye stainless steel snare. I have a Taye maple snare with wood hoops that i like, but the top wood hoop can't hold up to constant rimshots, so i pulled the metal hoop off that stainless steel snare to use on the maple snare, and i just put the wood hoop with that stainless steel snare so i wouldn't lose the hoop....if that makes sense, lol

Ah yes, that is a Taye stainless steel snare. I have a Taye maple snare with wood hoops that i like, but the top wood hoop can't hold up to constant rimshots, so i pulled the metal hoop off that stainless steel snare to use on the maple snare, and i just put the wood hoop with that stainless steel snare so i wouldn't lose the hoop....if that makes sense, lol

It's very nice looking. I love the look of a metal snare with wood hoops.

Back