Gibraltar beater on speed cobra pedal

Akuro

Hello guys,

I don't have a lot of experience with pedals and switching stuff. I'd like to put wood beaters on my speed cobras and I decided to try these cheap ones; http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/gibraltar-sc-3262-solid-wood-bass-drum-beater

DV016_Jpg_Large_446087.jpg
DV016_Jpg_Large_446087_bottom_angle.jpg

Does anyone know whether they'll fit my speed cobras or not ?

Thank you ! :)

Should fit just fine. Let us know how you like it.

Thank you for your answers ! I've just ordered them, I'll let you know when I get em :)

Hey there,

I tried these beaters out on my Speedcobra double and I actually had a couple issues.
The first of which was that due to the cylindrical shape of the beater (along with the unyielding material that it's made of), I noticed that dents started appearing in my bass head pretty damn quick, even with a kick pad.

Secondly, when I finally switched these out for the wooden Iron Cobra beaters, I noticed that the metal rod connecting the beater to the pedal actually was bent considerably. Interestingly enough, this was actually on my slave pedal's beater. This was probably just a lemon that slipped through the cracks though.

Cheers!

I'm really scared of heavy beaters. Always scared I'll damage my drumskins and excessive power is just an illusion if you're miced up well or using triggers. Even more so for me, since I'm on an electronic kit 90% of the time. That said, I would love to try these out on someone else's kit >)

I plan on picking up a pair of speed cobras soon and I was going to try them with my iron cobra beaters. Gibraltar also has a new pedal out called the G-Class, it's pretty fancy and one of its features is that it has 3 little magnet weights that you can put in the beater to adjust the balance and feel. I don't know if you can purchase the beater separately but I think it might be something to check out.

Last edited:
Yamaha has a wood beater that's actually pretty light, it's actually lighter than the felt IC beaters that I have as well.

I prefer felt beaters most of the time. I like the punch of the ICs, but they're just a bit too heavy sometimes. I use those Yamaha round felt beaters most of the time, nice fat tone and they're very light. I can keep the spring tension medium and rebound is still very quick.

I use the Vater Bomber beater on my Speed Cobra. The fluffy vintage type beater.

It feels great to my foot, not too heavy at all. That's just another option for you.

Back