Speed Cobra Grip

Hey,
I'm getting a new Speed Cobra double pedal in Midnight Finish this Saturday and I'm a little concerned. I'm wondering if it's hard to grip to pedal. It looks very flat and smooth, so I don't think my foot will grip it will, especially if wearing socks (which I do a lot when playing). I'm not sure of this, I'm just guessing seeing some comments about the pedal. If it does lack grip, do you have any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

I frequently practice in socks and do not have a problem with the Speed Cobra.
Gigs with shoes don't prove an issue for me either.

There are pedal-specific gripper, (Grip Peddler,etc.some in different coarseness grades and different colors too) solutions as well as other DIY things, (think skateboard and similar) to stick to any pedal that can provide more grip if there is a ever a problem.

I suppose your technique would be the key factor in wanting/needing grip or not so you'd have to determine based on that. Some slide and prefer the smooth footboard and others want more grip.

Edit to add: my SC has the original finish but the black finish felt the same to me.

HTH
Eric

I frequently practice in socks and do not have a problem with the Speed Cobra.
Gigs with shoes don't prove an issue for me either.

There are pedal-specific gripper, (Grip Peddler,etc.some in different coarseness grades and different colors too) solutions as well as other DIY things, (think skateboard and similar) to stick to any pedal that can provide more grip if there is a ever a problem.

I suppose your technique would be the key factor in wanting/needing grip or not so you'd have to determine based on that. Some slide and prefer the smooth footboard and others want more grip.

Edit to add: my SC has the original finish but the black finish felt the same to me.

HTH
Eric

Thanks. Really helpful info there. Anyways, do some types of socks make your pedals blacker? Or it it barefoot playing? Because my Tama Iron Cobra Junior Pedal (which sucks) is so dark-black-grey-ish now for some reason. I guess it's because of me playing barefoot sometimes. I guess that won't happen on black pedals, lol.

I need the sc to slip so I can slide my foot. I don't think it is slippery though. Just that I am able to slide the feet.

And the black paint/costing on your pedal will wear out and the silver aluminum will show up at one time or an other.

I'll trade you for my black top Iron Cobras. They're too grippy for me when I'm playing since I need my feet to slip when I'm using the slide technique.

If nothing works for you OP, you can always buy grip tape for stairs or skateboards.

Back