Minor Pearl Drum Quality Rant

alvanko

Let me start by saying I bought a Pearl E-Pro set and I love the look, feel and the sound. I actually like the sound better then the Rolands I have. The high hat is the weak spot on both but I learn to adapt.
My issue is with the hardware. Pearl is supposed to have the best in the industry but my tom arms will not hold the drums up with out slipping down. I have tightened and tightened and now have stripped the "elbow". I have had these for a total of 3 weeks and I only play them a few hours a week at home. Not to mention the mount brackets that come off the rack itself are loose. I ordered the cast brackets and new "ratchet" style tom arms but this is $150 I really didn't want to spend!
I also noticed a spot on the 10" tom where the wrap is loose and there is an air pocket under it. I haven't looked closely at the others yet.
I tried to join the Pearl forum web site (6 times) and it sent me the confirmation e-mail to complete my registration so I can ask a Pearl representative about these issues but every day it says my user name and password are wrong and I have to sign up again.
I really don't want to speak negatively about Pearl on their FaceBook page or anywhere for that matter but I really was expecting better quality.
This set was a factory refurbished kit direct from Pearl through Amazon but now I can not get any support.
I love the set and the sound but there are issues and I have no idea how to get them resolved except to spend my own money to fix them.
Anyone here have any connections?

Why is it that you can't get any support, and did you make a claim as soon as you found the issue?

Are other people on the Perl Forum having similar issues with the E-Pro hardware?
Did you send an email or a letter to Pearl?
They have contact info on their sites.
I thought that the E-Pro used standard Pearl mounting hardware, Is that true?

Are other people on the Perl Forum having similar issues with the E-Pro hardware?
Did you send an email or a letter to Pearl?
They have contact info on their sites.
I thought that the E-Pro used standard Pearl mounting hardware, Is that true?
Yes, the mounting hardware is standard Pearl Hardware. Not top of the line, but it is standard Pearl.
The web site has a mailing address and telephone but no e-mail. I may need to call.
I have read a few other posts regarding the wrap not being glued all the way around. I guess it's not a real issue unless it gets worse.
I would prefer to e-mail customer service with the issues but can't find an e-mail. I just noticed the issues yesterday.
There is an actual Pearl forum that I have tried to sign up for 7 times now and they have actual Pearl reps who monitor and post there. I was hoping I would be able to post there and get an e-mail.
I guess I'll see how this goes. I can see them asking me to mail the tom to them so they can evaluate it, then 6 weeks later getting a response. I'm a little worried about that.
I really really enjoy playing these, just some issues I would like to get resolved.

Yes, the mounting hardware is standard Pearl Hardware. Not top of the line, but it is standard Pearl.
The web site has a mailing address and telephone but no e-mail. I may need to call.
I have read a few other posts regarding the wrap not being glued all the way around. I guess it's not a real issue unless it gets worse.
I would prefer to e-mail customer service with the issues but can't find an e-mail. I just noticed the issues yesterday.
There is an actual Pearl forum that I have tried to sign up for 7 times now and they have actual Pearl reps who monitor and post there. I was hoping I would be able to post there and get an e-mail.
I guess I'll see how this goes. I can see them asking me to mail the tom to them so they can evaluate it, then 6 weeks later getting a response. I'm a little worried about that.
I really really enjoy playing these, just some issues I would like to get resolved.

You mean to tell me you're complaining about no support and you haven't called them yet???...come on... you need to call them first... I'm sure Pearl will provide good support (and BTW I'm not a Pearl fan)...

Even if you didn't call Pearl directly, you could've called the store you bought them from and they would be obligated to help you get in touch with them, or at least communicate to Pearl for you. they would also be in a position to replace things that are breaking down under some kind of warranty that your kit should obviously have, no?

Back