Czarcie Kopyto (Devil's hoof) - Double bass pedal from Poland

sinol

Hi drummers! I'm new on forum. I'm Peter from Poland:)

Have You heard about "Czarcie Kopyto"?

http://www.czarciekopyto.com/

It's new (first in fact) polish double bass pedal. What do You think?. Even axis and brilliant trick are technically in the back. It's fully for custom order. Similar product would cost 2 times more that this (it's proffesional opinion). In Poland CK is even cheaper than axis! Its my dream to get this pedals:)
"CZARCIE KOPYTO" means "DEUCE HOOF" (or devils' hoof).
Ladies and Gentleman...what do You think?
Rgrds, P

Last edited:
Re: CZRCIE KOPYTO - best double bass pedal in the world

I have never seen it before. It definitely looks well made, obviously using the Trick pedals as a model. It looks almost identical. I wouldn't mind trying it at my local music store, but if they are custom ordered, i doubt I will. I would never buy a pedal I can't try first. I don't see anything ground-breaking. It still uses the normal pull spring, but it looks infinitely adjustable, which is good. All the machining looks super clean. Its nice to see some tell-tale machining marks on the footboard. Its not just a cast chunk of aluminum. Looks like a solid product. Too bad it hasn't reached the states.

to bad it's covered in devils and pentagrams. not a very neutral look imho.

to bad it's covered in devils and pentagrams. not a very neutral look imho.
I'm with you on that although he did say they were custom order so maybe that was an option someone chose.

They look o.k. nothing revolutionary and not sure how they are superior to trick or axis

Uh ohh, bearings in the heel hinge(s)... better than TRICK already.

Extension spring, see how easy it is? TRICK should offer an extension spring pedal.

Foot board angle could have been made infinite adjust (with another channel) instead of just a few holes.

Last edited:

Out of the Direct Drive pedals, I like the Axis best, but this looks like a pretty cool pedal.
I like the idea of bearings in the heel, and the spring. I like the feel of a spring like this rather than the rotating type (can't think of what it's called right now...).
I agree with Les, i it had a channel for the foot board adjustment, that would be huge.

I'm with you on that although he did say they were custom order so maybe that was an option someone chose.

They look o.k. nothing revolutionary and not sure how they are superior to trick or axis

Yes You can have this pedals without these stupid marks (I prefer clean footboard too)

Obviously its not better than axis or Trick. Its different. Its hand made product with CNC machines usage (is it even correct sentence in english? lol). There was official present of CZ in Poland. People who spend thier lives on drumming (mechanism stuff also) said this twin is magnificent and made with WATCH-MAKER PRECISION. Its cheaper for us to order this pedals than axis or Trick which is pretty non-available in Poland. I must have this devils' tool!. I see good opinions about CZ here:) Thanks for posting.
Best regards:)

Last edited:

Obviously its not better than axis or Trick.

Sorry dude, it is better than TRICK, it has heel hinge bearings.

It has better mechanism solutions but it can't be said so obious that its better than trick (not to mention my opinion contained in topic title:)) I think this IS the best double bass pedal in the world but I know that users of trick or axis could disagree. It's just MY opinion. When I get this treasure I will make some crash tests and tell You something more about it:) For now I can only say CZ has exelent opinion among experienced drummers.
Rgrds.

better mechanism solutions

... is enough to qualify as 'better' (than TRICK).

TRICK can up grade, they need somewhere to go and bearings in their heel hinge and an extension spring gives them somewhere to go.

Obviously its not better than axis or Trick.

Sorry dude, it is better than TRICK, it has heel hinge bearings.

I'm with You.

I read some specifications about this Pedal.

Web Translate in CODE:
Code:
[ This is the CUSTOM equipment Only- Devil's hoof is produced only for individual orders, manufacturing is not mass!.
We provide individual approach to each client.]
Made with CNC(Computerized Numerical Control) machine.That's why it's so precisely construction.

1)Construction is not Cast,it's solid mass aluminium
7075 Aluminium (Al Zn 5.5 Mg Cu) .[7075 is a zinc aluminium alloy and is the strongest grade of aluminium]
2)Non aliminium part's is very hard HRC45(carbon)steel.

3)Every connection hinge,have bearing.Total 28.Some of those is Japanes NACHI.

It has a vertical spring, not the coil that the Trick and SpeedKing have. I'm gonna vote for different, not better.

It has a vertical spring, not the coil that the Trick and SpeedKing have. I'm gonna vote for different, not better.

Sorry, it does have a coil spring, so does TRICK, Speed King and Ghost... all coil springs.

Heel hinge bearings make it better than TRICK.

Uh ohh, bearings in the heel hinge(s)... better than TRICK already.

Extension spring, see how easy it is? TRICK should offer an extension spring pedal.

Foot board angle could have been made infinite adjust (with another channel) instead of just a few holes.

What does extension spring mean? Trick and Speed King have the spring compressed in the shaft right? And this one just has a spring on the outside like most pedals. Am I undestanding this correctly? Why is one better than the other?

And judging from these pics could it be said that the Trick is more adjustable which is a plus in it's favor?

Re: CZARCIE KOPYTO - best double bass pedal in the world

What does extension spring mean?

It means just that, it extends and contracts. Czarcie Kopyto is extension spring.

Trick and Speed King have the spring compressed in the shaft right?

Speed King's springs get compressed inside the pedal posts, TRICK has a different action happening- one small coil working horizontally (see second pic of this post). Still in the post, still gets compressed, but 'different'.

Why is one better than the other?

Its all feel, so one decides which spring is best for them. When I say "better than TRICK" Im referring to the fact Czarcie Kopyto has heel hinge bearings where TRICK chose to employ a steel pin rubbing on aluminum.

All springs on production drum pedals are 'coil springs' (except PDP BOA). We can assume Ian meant to say "extention" rather than "vertical" and "compression" rather than "coil".

Czarcie Kopyto has all the adjustments TRICK has, except for the 'slide track hoop adjustment'. Kopyto could have made (what TRICK calls) the 'stroke adjustment cluster' infinite adjust, but they chose three hole positions like TRICK and TRICK might have a slight-edge in the 'dynamic' their stroke adjustment cluster delivers to the throw.

These two pedals are genetically related (almost twins), so Its all going to come down to price. In the end, if Czarcie Kopyto is cheaper its a no brainer.

Last edited:

These two pedals are genetically related (almost twins), so Its all going to come down to price. In the end, if Czarcie Kopyto is cheaper its a no brainer.
Not if it feels worse. And it does look very, very heavy.

CK is cheaper because it's making in Poland (only for order). If it was mass production in USA CK would cost two times more than axis I think.

Speed King's springs get compressed inside the pedal posts, TRICK has a different action happening- one small coil working horizontally (see second pic of this post). Still in the post, still gets compressed, but 'different'.

Cool. I always thought the Trick was in the post like the SK. Thanks for the pics.

Back