App for repeating parts of songs?

CCdrummer

I was just in the process of learning some songs and often find it necessary to listen to one small part over and over to get it right. This is a real pain to do with my iphone or ipod. Is there an app available where I can set the device just to replay a certain part over and over?

I am getting ready to resurrect the old tape deck!

Haven't tried but I assume some sort of dj app might let you loop as one of its features.
And you could do the after party at a gig if you get good enough =D

If you have GarageBand or equivalent you can use your ipad or laptop next to your kit and just drop the songs in the daw and select the section to loop over and over....other editing methods and dump back out to iTunes as well.

I was just in the process of learning some songs and often find it necessary to listen to one small part over and over to get it right. This is a real pain to do with my iphone or ipod. Is there an app available where I can set the device just to replay a certain part over and over?

These are great.

http://tascam.com/product/cd-gt2/images/

You can loop any part of a song and slow it down without changing the pitch. You have to burn the song to a CD though.

Anytune Pro does it for me. You can also slow it down or speed it up, and you can import songs directly from You Tube. I'd be completely lost without it.

The best app that I know to make loops is called Transcribe!
First it was made to help transcribe, and I've never seen anything else that makes it easier to figure out song structures.
Then to help you practice a song, you can make loops and save (and name) an unlimited number of them, and you can slow down if needed.

The Speed Up function is great: You can take a loop (or a whole song) and decide a starting speed. Then you decide the number of times it's going to be played at that speed, and then you choose the speed-up percentage.

It's available for Mac, Windows or even Linux, is pretty cheap and free to try for one month.
www.seventhstring.com
Also, it can handle many types of sound files as well as movies.

Anytune Pro does it for me. You can also slow it down or speed it up, and you can import songs directly from You Tube. I'd be completely lost without it.

Hey Magenta, I just wanted to say that on your recommendation for Anytune Pro, I downloaded it, but then never really used it... I finally got into it today, and realized how powerful it is... A couple of cover songs I'm working on are on the fast side (150+ bpm), and being able to take loops of the tricky bits, and then slow them right down to manageable speeds is awesome.

Just wanted to say thanks! Brilliant app for the iPhone...

Hey Magenta, I just wanted to say that on your recommendation for Anytune Pro, I downloaded it, but then never really used it... I finally got into it today, and realized how powerful it is... A couple of cover songs I'm working on are on the fast side (150+ bpm), and being able to take loops of the tricky bits, and then slow them right down to manageable speeds is awesome.

Just wanted to say thanks! Brilliant app for the iPhone...

Oh thank you, that's jolly nice of you! I'm glad you're pleased with it :)

All the transcription apps do this as well as change tempo and pitch.

I use Amazing Slowdowner, but there are a few to choose from.

Sure, you can use a DAW, if life isn't complicated enough already.

Ahhhh, the good old days, drop the needle, pick it up. Rinse and repeat.

I downloaded my own copy of Anytune Pro - I think it's going to be a great tool to use for exactly what the OP described. As a worship band drummer, I constantly have to learn new music, and the current trend is toward a lot of tribal/toms grooves. This app will help putting those songs together immensely!

Yeah, your iPhone should have Garage Band on it. It's easy enough to learn to create loops.

In the olden days we had to lift the needle off the record and drop it back into place. THAT sucked.

Back