My Tama Starclassic B/B Efx Kit

Crusto 62

Finally I managed to get some photos up. I tried to get them in the Starclassic thread but I couldn't manage it. This is my pride and joy. I love playing this kit, it sounds amazing. Tama Starclassic performer( Birch/Bubinga ) in Gold Crush Glitter. BD 24*18, TT 12*9, FT16*16, SD 14*5.5 (on left side) Main snare LM 402.

Cymbals, Hi Hat - zildjian 14 quickbeats . Ride - K zildjian 22 dark medium, China - Sabian 18 B8 pro, Crashes - Zildjian 16 medium, Stagg 17/18 mediums.

I did the Bass drum head my self.

Attachments

• P1010384.jpg
    P1010384.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2,253
  • P1010387.jpg
    P1010387.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 2,148
  • P1010388.jpg
    P1010388.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 2,119
  • P1010390.jpg
    P1010390.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,982
  • P1010391.jpg
    P1010391.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 1,971
  • P1010383.jpg
    P1010383.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 2,061
Last edited:
Bro, nice kit I love it!!! I have a SC Perf. Birch in the exact sizes. I was going to trade it in for a B/B, I was thinking the diamond dust. I have been a Tama fan since I had an Imperial Star with concert toms back in the 80's, it was the loudest drumset I ever heard even to this day. Once again sick drums!!

Very nice kit. I was always wondering what that color looked liked in person.

Yep, very very nice kit. I was impressed when I tried one!
The only thing I`d personally do is to change the heads, those Evans stock heads aren`t my bag at least, it`s another thing if you like them of course.

Other than that, beautiful! This 24" kick really must boom!

Karl

Bro, nice kit I love it!!! I have a SC Perf. Birch in the exact sizes. I was going to trade it in for a B/B, I was thinking the diamond dust. I have been a Tama fan since I had an Imperial Star with concert toms back in the 80's, it was the loudest drumset I ever heard even to this day. Once again sick drums!!

Hey Mathew, I'm glad you like my kit. It's a pleasure to play. I have a Tama superstar snare that I bought in '81 ( I'll post a picture of it, if I can get it back off my nephew) and I have always used tama hardware. So it felt right when I saw the Tamas I just had to take them home.

oh my oh my
one of my favorite finish from that line
but comeon whats up with that reso head :) it ruins the classy look of the drums :)

Hey smutpower, I thought I did a pretty good job on the reso head but maybe I had too many beers when I did it. Lol. I still have the original head that came with the kit, so I can always put it back on. The gold crush glitter looks cool but.

Yep, very very nice kit. I was impressed when I tried one!
The only thing I`d personally do is to change the heads, those Evans stock heads aren`t my bag at least, it`s another thing if you like them of course.

Other than that, beautiful! This 24" kick really must boom!

Karl

Hey Karl, I'm going to try some remo coated emporers on the toms and see what they sound like. As for the kick drum I like the way it sounds now. It is one of the best sounding kick drums i have heard. Boom, Boom, Boom.

Very nice kit. I was always wondering what that color looked liked in person.

Hey razorx, Thanks for checking out my kit. The Gold Crush Glitter looks better in real life than in the photos. It catches the light really well.

might want to consider recoloring that reso head on the kick IMO. Doesn't match very well. Still a super cool set though. Can't wait to get my bubinga.

Hey Grahamo, The reason the reso head ended up that colour was I used left over paint that I had after I had a couple of beers . So you could say I had my beer goggles on. Lol .The sound of is kit is amazing .The birch/bubinga mix is beautiful. Tama got it so right this time.!!

Hey Mathew, I'm glad you like my kit. It's a pleasure to play. I have a Tama superstar snare that I bought in '81 ( I'll post a picture of it, if I can get it back off my nephew) and I have always used tama hardware. So it felt right when I saw the Tamas I just had to take them home.

Yeah bro its crazy, I still have a couple of Titan stands from the early 80's and I still use them!

looks good i would put a black skin back on the fron tho. looks nice tho

looks good i would put a black skin back on the fron tho. looks nice tho

Hey Richy, I'll get round to getting a black reso head or I could just have a few beers and "paint it black". (good name for a song). Mate how good are these Starclassics?

I would do something about that reso head, other than that it's a great kit, but the head makes it look like ****...

But it's the sound that matters, and that will be great. Have fun playing your baby ;-)

Back