the New Extreme Album

dizkneelande

I just got back from seeing them in Ohio and let me tell you the new stuff rocks! The new drummer is worth checking out as well. He's got bonham written all him. Anyone else going to see them?

How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.

How the heck did I miss that they were in Ohio???
Oh well, guess I'll see them across the street from my dorm in Tempe in a couple weeks (its also a rock n' roll fantasy camp on tour date, so even more fun to watch)-plus it gets me out of my mandatory campus welcome that isn't actually mandatory.

I just wish his drum set was a little more Bonham sounding, but that falls to the production guys, and its not a modern sound unfortunatley. But still a great band.

I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.

I agree. He's also missing that 18" floor tom and the 26" bass drum. His set does sound nice and thick on the album though. It wasn't as awesome sounding live though but I blame house of blues for that. The only part of rock and roll fantasy camp I enjoyed was when glenn hughs fron deep purple came out and sang. He wailed! Other than that though it was a waste of my time because I wanted to see more of kingsX.

how long did the extreme and kings x sets run?

kingsx played almost an hour and extreme played two or so. I was mad!

I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?

I didnt even know these 2 bands were still touring! I d LOVE to see this show! Is Gary Cherone still playin with Extreme?

yep! everyone is the same except for the drummer. I think it would have been cool to hear mangini with Extreme again but I think the new drummer fits into the group better.

Yeah, the best day in Gary Cherone's career was the day he joined Van Halen and the day he left.

What was that one really famous song they had back in the day?

Just saw an interview with them- they haven’t aged well. Pretty boys no more- and kiddies a lesson learned- stay healthy my friends. I’m still “Purdie” as a drummer - we drummers aren’t pretty- no we we be “Purdie” which I think is better anyways.

Back