If you had to BE a drum rudiment, what rudiment would you be?

Marry Me...seriously. Marry Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_RAi8yxjv4

Cast all your fears aside
And say you will, say you will be mine
And stay with me until the end of time
And help me, help me grind this mill of life
Please, say you will, say you will be mine
And times and customs may change
And life may get dizzy
My heart is deep in the country
But I live for the city
Chasing those greenfields
That lie just over the hill
Isn't it time that I rested
Time to stand still

I need a lover surely as I need a friend
Someone whose laughter I'll lean on
To tie our lives together

And love me, until the end of time
And say you will, say you will

We're on a ship out to sea
And it's stormy weather
Why don't you promise to me
Devotion forever
The hillsides are yellow and green
And the olives still bloom
We will make passionate love
By electrical moons

Say you will
Say you will
You make my heart come alive
Say you will
Help me, help me, help me
Help me grind this mill
Grind this mill of life
Say you will
Say you will be mine
Say you will
Say you will be mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_RAi8yxjv4

Please, say you will, say you will be mine
And times and customs may change
And life may get dizzy
My heart is deep in the country
But I live for the city
Chasing those greenfields
That lie just over the hill
Isn't it time that I rested
Time to stand still

And love me, until the end of time

We're on a ship out to sea
And it's stormy weather
Why don't you promise to me
Devotion forever
The hillsides are yellow and green
And the olives still bloom
We will make passionate love
By electrical moons

Say you will
Say you will
You make my heart come alive
Say you will
Help me, help me, help me
Help me grind this mill
Grind this mill of life
Say you will
Say you will be mine
Say you will
Say you will be mine

: )

and he waited....

There we go... That would be me. I didn't realize that was an officially recognized rudiment.

Mea culpa, Fu - it's not a rudiment so much as a natural consequence of performing the random octopus rudiment (a compound rudiment that incorporates both pots'n'pans and the crossover).

Marry Me.

would add the Kuka-POP, The Tramp (Otis Redding and Carla Thomas) and it's variation the Walk This Way, The Funk Hump (bakkk-ooom-Ba-Dooomp), the Sing Sing Sing and it's offshoot The Going To A Go-Go and of course - The Motown Fill and The Ringo Fill.

seriously. Marry Me.

Reckon we have compatible rudiments, eh? Sorry, but I'm already feeding and cleaning up after a man at the moment. There was this old Yugoslav guy who used to go to my favourite cafe who asked me to marry him every time he saw me. I had to pretend to be reading a paper to prevent him gawking at my boobs lol

What's KUKA pop?

I've always thought of The Tramp as boom-pah-booboom-pah-booboom. Definitely a staple.

Sing Sing Sing - funny that so many songs have a Bo Diddley beat while s few have the SSS.

Going-to-a-Go-Go I'd call a Hiawatha-style money beat

Has Cobus completely cornered the market on garage drumology or do you think there's more room for garage drumming tutoring?

:)

PS. MAD, Sir Mick's lyric amounts to false advertising - no mention of his predilection for bonking everything in a skirt within a ten-mile radius ...

Reckon we have compatible rudiments, eh? Sorry, but I'm already feeding and cleaning up after a man at the moment. There was this old Yugoslav guy who used to go to my favourite cafe who asked me to marry him every time he saw me. I had to pretend to be reading a paper to prevent him gawking at my boobs lol

What's KUKA pop?

I've always thought of The Tramp as boom-pah-booboom-pah-booboom. Definitely a staple.

Sing Sing Sing - funny that so many songs have a Bo Diddley beat while s few have the SSS.

Going-to-a-Go-Go I'd call a Hiawatha-style money beat

Has Cobus completely cornered the market on garage drumology or do you think there's more room for garage drumming tutoring?

:)

this is a Kuka-Pop the first notes of this song: (although it's missing one Kuk) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diuQ_S3FDFk
Aerosmith - I Wanna Know Why one of the most important rudiments to know.

Sing Sing Sing is usually saved for drum solos / breakdowns in the midst of an otherwise different flow. don't ask for an example 'cause i can't think of one now, but it happens often enough.

Tramp is more Boompt'ink - Brattttt (tink) - Ba-Dooomp-Dooomp-Dahhht Doooont-Doooont (you have to roll the R on that Bratttttt) (at least in the way that i was taught it).

purely for the clarification of the status of my being-ness, i don't need anyone to cook or clean for me. just someone to share my groove and not distract me from said. but that's neither here nor there. well. mostly here...

but more importantly...who's this Cobus guy you're seeing and what's he got that i haven't got ?

: )

oh that Cobus. eh, he's ok if you like that type. he's got a certain amount of skill, but he completely misses the mark on this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=073MVAwUUo0 Ke$ha - Tik Tok. following the vocal instead of laying down the backbeat is the sign of a small brain. like Keith Moon. (hee heeeeeeeeee) (i liked that one).

he does better on this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIm0kOa65Do 30 Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens.

but, to answer the question...there's always a place for the real to usurp posers.

"ain't" is now in the dictionary.

when i went to partake of post high school studies, the folx pointed that out to me that Recording Schools were not accredited (then / yet), so i matriculated elsewhere. but reality proved that these were viable, valuable and much needed courses.

so yes, i fully expect that one day Dack Boom - Da-Boom - Da-Boom_Da-Boom will be an accredited course. who knows if we'll be alive to see it. some other kids will have to take Ringo 106. and they'll probably get our flying cars too. but that's alright...i've still got my guitar.

and the Imps : )

Back