Help with custom hat mount situation!!

nfcarbone

Kit: Pearl World Series (1985?)

I'm making the move I've always been waiting for: mounting a remote hat in my bass drum. I want my hat dead center, low, in front of me, leaving me room for my rack tom and spd-sx to my left where my hats usually are.

the problem: Although the holes in the bass drum (pictured) are just big enough to fit the hat stand, the holes in the mount (pictured) are much smaller. I'm pretty sure this is the typical pearl mount for toms.

Does anybody know about a mount with larger opening? Doesn't have to be a double, single is fine. Is this something I have to get custom made? If so, where could I get that done?

Thanks guys, and no I'm not asking advice on whether or not I should mount something that obnoxious in my kick ;-)

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 902
  • kickholes.jpg
    kickholes.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 315
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 321
You can probably buy a small piece of metal pipe at a hardware store that fits into the tom clamp on your base drum (or if you have the original tom holding hardware that came with your set, it'll save you a couple bucks), and use a multi clamp like this to attach your remote hi hat

Also, those 2 holes won't be much help without the hardware...

If your hat stand is Pearl as well there should be no reason it doesn`t fit.
Maybe pulling out the plastic/rubber gasket would help enlarge it a bit?
If not, i`d suggest a multi-clamp. Cheap and realiable.

thanks guys, I thought of the clamp, but if the stand is sitting above the kick and not coming out the port it will be too high. (it's the cheap griffin remote system).

Anyone know where I can get a custom mount made??

P.S. thanks for the speedy responses.

thanks guys, I thought of the clamp, but if the stand is sitting above the kick and not coming out the port it will be too high. (it's the cheap griffin remote system).

Anyone know where I can get a custom mount made??

If it`s a bit higher, can`t you just adjust the angle of the hats? Most x-hats stand i`ve seen have such a feature, just like a regular cymbal arm.

As for the custom-made mount, find someone with a metal lathe and tell them what you want, perhaps show them the actual mount as a reference. But this might not come cheap at all...

Back