Upcoming Lesson with Grant Collins

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've been fortunate enough to book some private lessons with the Australian "Octopus" Grant Collins. Has anyone got any personal experience with him? My other drum teachers speak very highly of him, saying he is not only a fantastic player, but humble and down to earth. I am very excited.

We will be covering uncommon time signatures, syncopation, advanced fills and licks, and perhaps a bit of jazz, over my first 3 hour lesson.

I hope to get some photos to upload.

Cheers

Considering he is on par with Thomas Lang and such, you are one lucky/fortunate cat!!!

He is simply one of the best!!! His double bass work and independence is spectacular!!

I have a few videos of his playing and its stellar!!!

Congrats!!!

Here is the photo I took. What a fantastic lesson! I really had my technique broken down and critiqued. We did linear syncopation, doubles on the bass drum, jazz techniques, an awful lot actually. It was a tough but rewarding three hours, and I was very humbled. I've been playing for nearly 12 years, and honestly I've never felt more like a beginner.

Grant is a really nice bloke and a great teacher, and I really recommend him to anyone within any reasonable distance to Brisbane to seek him out and book a lesson with him.

Also, in the background, is his "new" gigantic kit. It wasn't even all set up and it filled half the room.

CIMG2003.JPG

Back