Paice VS Bonham

I am not bashing Bonham here by any stretch, just being objective. Does anyone here feel that Ian Paice was technically better than Bonham?

I think he was...I like him a lot better,,,Saw both of them in there heyday...

One was sloppy, the other wasn't...Bonham had better footwork, Ian had better hands...

In the end one is around, the other is not and one has achieved mythical levels as Hendrix did and Joplin, Morrison, etc....

IMHO

It's like saying who's the best, Al Pacino or Robert Di Nero, Tyson or Ali, Bach or Beethoven.

I couldn't agree more. Everybody knows the real question anyway is who is better, Jimmy Page or Ritchie Blackmore..........................................;-}

I hate questions like this. It's simply a matter of opinion, that's it. I also absolutely hate :
Which is the best brand of ( fill in the blank) Cymbal,drums,Triangle You name it's such a silly question. Those questions and player comparisons drive me nuts. We all know there is no best brand of anything. We all know there really is no greatest drummer ever. With a little thought you can phrase a "which is the best_____ into a decent thread. Even newbies should know better. The Mods should step in and delete these questions right from the get go or revise the forum rules.

I couldn't agree more. Everybody knows the real question anyway is who is better, Jimmy Page or Ritchie Blackmore..........................................;-}

Wow, thats a tough one too. Blackmore is has more technical guitar skills, mabye. Ok here is how I see it, Blackmore wins in the lead guitar category, Page wins production/songwriting. And i guess they are equal in both having tons of classic main riffs to songs.

It is only a matter of opinion... That applies to most everything....

It's a good thing to have varying opinions,,, Very boring if everyone stated the same thing or agreed with everything...

Wow, thats a tough one too. Blackmore is has more technical guitar skills, mabye. Ok here is how I see it, Blackmore wins in the lead guitar category, Page wins production/songwriting. And i guess they are equal in both having tons of classic main riffs to songs.

Yes, they are legendary riff guitarists. I would hate to declare one over the other because I love listening to both. I agree with your assessment of Blackmore's lead guitar skills, but I think Jimmy is better on all stringed instruments in general.

My two favorite rock drummers of all time. They both had unique skills that set them apart from the rest. Both should be appreciated for what they are/were.

Blackmore's a master. Page sends shivers down my spine. In this case, the heart rules....Page. Hands down.

My two favorite rock drummers of all time. They both had unique skills that set them apart from the rest. Both should be appreciated for what they are/were.

Agreed. It's like asking me if I want beer or Jack Daniels....why both thank you sir!

It is only a matter of opinion... That applies to most everything....

It's a good thing to have varying opinions,,, Very boring if everyone stated the same thing or agreed with everything...

I agree!

ooops sorry :)

Paice V Bonahm?

Both are essential.
Both bands had to have a drummer and neither could have done both.

"Jack Daniels or Beer." LOL

Both are great drummers!...but Bonham redefined what rock drums are supposed to sound like!.....I'd have to give the nod to Bonham..:)

Back