For fans of Andy McKee (and harps)

PQleyR

Platinum Member
My sister recorded a harp cover of Andy Mckee's song Into The Ocean, originally on harp guitar (original version here), and has just begun to enjoy a surge of interest in the video as Andy himself reposted it on his facebook page last night. See what you think!

Ben,
you can be proud of your sister! Wow, what a cool cover version! I've left feedback on YouTube and facebook. The first time I've seen someone playing percussive elements on the harp. Andy sure likes this.

PS: As I've seen on your facebook pics - you play 7-string guitar... Welcome to the club, haha. 7-strings are my main electrics.

Aha, so that was you! Pleased to make your facebook acquaintance!

Amy isn't aware of anybody else doing percussion on the harp a la Andy Mckee, it mostly arose out of necessity. Nice to be doing something unique! Maybe it'll start a trend. She's thinking of doing maybe Ebon Coast or Rylynn next, I'll probably be helping with the recording when she does.

Yes, I do play a 7-string...it was my first proper guitar, an RG7620. Still a very special guitar to me.

This is obviously pretty great. I'm not a fan of Andy McKee but I am a fan of your sister's harp playing.

I still think the best thing she's ever done is the 'Diagnosis Murder' cover or possibly 'Tea'.

If i didnt have a girlfriend, i would say you sister is a fine example of a woman. But i have a girlfriend, so i wont say it.

Kidding aside, that is beautiful, and she has an amazing tallent.

This is obviously pretty great. I'm not a fan of Andy McKee but I am a fan of your sister's harp playing.

I still think the best thing she's ever done is the 'Diagnosis Murder' cover or possibly 'Tea'.

You haven't heard nearly enough of what she's done in that case! There'll be more where this one came from, I'm sure, particularly given how popular it has already become.

Back