John Bonham

pdp 9091 said:
ever hear bonzo sing? I heard a recording of a live performance where he sings along with plant on battle of evermore

He never has sung along on Battle of evermore (It was JPJ in 1977 doing the sandy denny part), he has sung along on tangerine (just as a harmony vocal)...I dont think there is anything else...

If It was you that asked about his death, it was september 25th 1980, and just look at his article in wikipedia for the details it was to to inhalation of vomit after 48 shots of vodka...

BenjiMachine said:
If It was you that asked about his death, it was september 25th 1980, and just look at his article in wikipedia for the details it was to to inhalation of vomit after 48 shots of vodka...

no i never asked

20 20 20 20

Re: JOHN BONHAM

chewaz said:
i know this an old question but wich cymbals exactly did Bonham used? ,i know the 2002 and the giant beat, and the big 24" ride and the 15" soundedge, but i have been never sure about the crases, and if he ever used a china
He used 16,18,20 giant and later 2002 medium crashes.I think he never used china.

I only ever see two crashes on Bonhams kit. And judging by... well, everything, it's a 16" and an 18" 2oo2, at least on the later recordings.

pdp 9091 said:
ever hear bonzo sing? I heard a recording of a live performance where he sings along with plant on battle of evermore

i could of swore that on one of the vids here on DW i see bonham doing back up vocals... MAYBE

BenjiMachine said:
He never has sung along on Battle of evermore (It was JPJ in 1977 doing the sandy denny part), he has sung along on tangerine (just as a harmony vocal)...I dont think there is anything else.

no he did sing on battle of evermore. It was on a live recording where plan announced that bonzo was going to come up front which he states he barley ever does and help out with vocals. ( he wasnt that great though lol)

handito said:
My top 3 Bonzo tunes would be:
1) In My Time Of Dying
2) Out on the Tiles
3) Heartbreaker- BBC sessions

My Favs:-
1)Black Dog BBCsessions
2)Immigrant Song BBC Sessions
3)Kashmir
4)When the Levee Breaks
5)Achilles Last Stand
6)Babe in Gonna Leave You
7)Since ive been lovin you (live in NY)

1. Dazed and Confused (Denmarks radio on zep dvd)
2. Good Times Bad Times
3. Nobody's fault but mine (Knebworth '79)
4. Ending to Rock and Roll (Knebworth '79)

pdp 9091 said:
no he did sing on battle of evermore. It was on a live recording where plan announced that bonzo was going to come up front which he states he barley ever does and help out with vocals. ( he wasnt that great though lol)[/QUOTE

It must have been a '77 tour date, which one is it? or where is it?
He normaly comes and helps with a tambourine but i didnt know he sang on it...

BenjiMachine said:
pdp 9091 said:
no he did sing on battle of evermore. It was on a live recording where plan announced that bonzo was going to come up front which he states he barley ever does and help out with vocals. ( he wasnt that great though lol)

It must have been a '77 tour date, which one is it? or where is it?
He normaly comes and helps with a tambourine but i didnt know he sang on it...

may 21st 1977

20 characters

Bonzo did sing sometimes i can remember a few..... the backup for bron-y-aur stomp, the ocean, and in his biography written by his brother mick, theres a picture of him playing guitar and singing with max middleton, ronnie lane, keith moon (amazing i know) ray harper and jimmy page at the rainbow. also according to the bio he sang lead for "Hey Joe" when he was with Reg Jones and the band "Way of Life" which was a few years before zeppelin even formed

spoonracings2k said:
Bonzo did sing sometimes i can remember a few..... the backup for bron-y-aur stomp, the ocean, and in his biography written by his brother mick, theres a picture of him playing guitar and singing with max middleton, ronnie lane, keith moon (amazing i know) ray harper and jimmy page at the rainbow. also according to the bio he sang lead for "Hey Joe" when he was with Reg Jones and the band "Way of Life" which was a few years before zeppelin even formed

ya the Rainbow was their absolute pavorite club in cali...or in the world . no suprise it was there...lol...and actually moon and bonham were good friends

Here's a question: A Zep song is proposed. What song is most likely to cause apprehensiveness?
Or for this matter, what drummer might cause you the most apprehensiveness?
Are there those of you out there who can nail any drummer proposed?

Thanks.

Re: John Bonham sound clips....never before heard by most people

i created an audio file where i made the drums stick out so you can hear them the loudest in the intro for all of my love

Attachments

• Led Zeppelin - All Of My Love drums.mp3
    330.7 KB · Views: 649
Re: John Bonham sound clips....never before heard by most people

I think I've been to the site before, these sound familiar

yeah bonzo and moon were great friends.... i remember reading in the richard cole biography on zeppelin he said that moon was on stage and playing the bongos during whole lotta love..... i thought that was pretty neat

Back