'69 Holiday and'70 Powertone Rogers WMP

P

paradiddle pete

I put these 2 kits together while messing around , i think they look pretty good together. Zildian K cons and Gibraltar 9700 stands...Also i thought in this configuration it would be nice to have a kick pedal hooked up to the hi hat somehow rather than a double.

Last edited by a moderator:
well ,seems i have this thread all to myself. So i think that a Cajon pedal linked to the hi hat pedal would be one way i could do it. might add a 22' K con to the set-up. Love these kits ..

Feels pretty good having my own Rogers VIP thread so i'll post a few more pics of my Rogers kits, the onyx kit has a 24" kick drum . i think it is a '67 kit..It's sporting a full set of pre serial 602's with 15" 1978 sound edge hi hats. Also a pre serial COB Ludwig super 400 ...

very nice kits there :)

The general discussion area is one of the busiest forums I know. However, very few people leave the safety of that zone and actually explore other areas.
I like the white Pearl wrap, and I hate wraps in general.

Thanks for the compliments, I dig Rogers drums a lot, always have. No drummer worth his salt would remain in the safety zone, go beyond.

Love Rogers kits and you have some nice ones there P.P.

Here is a set of my XP8's the last great set of Rogers. first to have a all-maple shell & the first to have memory lock hardware.also with a 69 Dynasonic, Rogers were so innovative for their time.

Bonzolead

Attachments

• XP8_1.jpg
    XP8_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 180
Pete I'm a big fan of all your kits. I like your taste in kits. I've never played a set of vintage Rogers. How would you describe the tone compared to the same era Ludwig?

Cool kit Bonz, pity Rogers had to fall by the wayside, but the remaining kits still outshine some of there modern counterparts I believe. Larry, that is an interesting question. First of all I have never played a Ludwig kit of that era I played Gretsch back in the day.but I do have a Legacy kit. The intriguing part of this comparison is that nowadays we have different heads to choose from to put on these kits. I would say that generally speaking the Ludwig kit would have a classic rock vibe and the Rogers probably a bit more focused and leaning to the Jazz,Soul vibe but really not much in it. Both great kits..

Pete - lovely wmp kit. The wrap is super bright. Is it vintage or new rewrap? Thanks for sharing the photos...

Pete - lovely wmp kit. The wrap is super bright. Is it vintage or new rewrap? Thanks for sharing the photos...

Thanks, as far as I know these 2 kits are original, one is 1969 the other 1970. The '69 kit was owned by a Jazz Cat so it was played lightly and stored in cases.The '70 kit was bought new and never left the house or so i was told.The wrap on the 1970 kit has a slightly different pattern on it. If anyone knows if the wrap changed in 1970 I would like to know. Both kits look untouched on the inside. They sound great.

Back