INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I'm a newbie...

Real name? Jackie
Age? I've been twenty nine a few times...
How long have you been playing? 3 years
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Club Jazz
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Rock & Jazz
Favourite take out food? Chinese
What country do you live in? USA
How did you start drumming? Hmm... made my own drums when I was 5 out of coffee cans. Added dimes to one to sound like a snare. Pencils for drumsticks. It never ended :)

Real name? Rich Clark
Age? 42
How long have you been playing? 31 years
Origin of user name? forgot been using it for about 10 years, no one else seems to use it so its easy to have on any forum.
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit? DW and OCDP
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? I have my own studio set up where i work
Are you in a band? yes
Do you play covers or originals? mostly originals but we have probably 40 covers we could do at any givin time
What style of music? 80's style punk
Favourite take out food? pizza of some sort
One really odd fact about yourself? i was a professional skateboarder back in 1990 (vert)
How did you start drumming? My fatherplayes guitar he wanted me to learn a musical insterment... so i picked up the sticks and never looked back

Morning all was looking for a drumming forum and came across this just started drumming last week wanted to play for years and did nothing about it,finally got off my backside and booked some lessons.

Real Name? Scott Maclennan
Age? 41
How Long You Been Playing? Just started
Drum Kit? Nothing yet,Looking at the Roland TD9KX2
What Style of Music? Anything got a broad spectrum of music tastes.
What Country Do You Live in? Scotland
Favourite Take Out Food? Chinese
How did you start drumming? As i said above been wanting to play since i was a kid and did nothing about it finally realised life is too short so booked some lessons.

Hi guys..im from Lima - Peru...

Real name? Joseph Aponte Santos

Age? 21

How long have you been playing? 3 years

Drumkit? Nothing yet..im poor =P

Where do you practice? Home (pillows and pad) 80% ,Studio (with friends) 20%

Are you in a band? Yes

Do you play covers or originals? both

What style of music? everything my ears and mind can endure ..

Favourite take out food? Peruvian Food

What country do you live in? Peru

How did you start drumming? watching my friends play

So I've already posted a couple of random questions on the site so I figured I'd officially introduce myself. I borrowed a format for the "about me" from another poster so here I go.

Real name? Michael Gardner
Age? 28
How long have you been playing? 2 years-ish
Origin of user name? I'm in a band called John The Conqueror so Johnny Conqueror seemed fitting
Your top 5 drummers? Bernard Purdie, Dave Grohl, Mike Johnston(awesome lessons), Eric Moore (he makes us big guys look good), and Me( even though I suck)
Make of drumkit? Tama Swingstar
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A customs for the most part
Where do you practice? Kit in the basement and pad/pillow, in the bedroom
Are you in a band? John The Conqueror ( www.facebook.com/Johntheconquerorband )
Do you play covers or originals? Originals with a couple of covers.
What style of music? Blues/rock
Favourite take out food? Whatever's the closest
What country do you live in? Philadephia, PA
One really odd fact about yourself? I've played guitar, bass and drums in a band but I love drums the best
How did you start drumming? Playing on my drummers kit when I played bass :)

I've lurked on this website various times in the past but I finally stopped and actually decided to join up. I have not been dissapointed! It's an awesome community with a wealth of knowledge so I'm trying to learn all that I can! If any of you guys have the time look my band up on youtube "John The Conqueror" and let me know what you think. This isn't a plug or anything I promise, cause I doubt any of yall are in Philly but I'd really like to hear what you think. Thanks

Real name? Mike
Age? 34
How long have you been playing? 20 years but LARGE gaps in between (see below)
Make of drumkit? Tama Silverstar Lacquer
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Any type of rock
Favourite take out food? N/A I'm a health nut. Grilled chicken, broccoli, brown rice all the time
How did you start drumming? I was a huge hair band fan in 7th grade. Best friend from school played guitar and drums appealed to me.

I'm new here to this forum and I hope to learn a lot. A little background....

I got my first drumset when I was 13 after saving my money for a long time. A 5-piece black set from Sears (that was "made by Gretsch"). Very soon after, I added an extra bass drum and started buying used cymbals (mostly Zildjian Bronze Scimitars). Although I did snag a Zildjian A 16" Medium Thin Crash that I still use to this day.

No lessons for me (which I still regret). I just learned to play along to songs and I played with musicians immediately. We played our first shows in 1994 at the age of 17 at a HUGE club. Then we split up as I pursued a hockey career and the other members joined the military. We played again for a few months in 2000 while they were on leave to record a home-recorded CD. I moved out of my family's home and into an apartment (getting ready to become a homeowner in a few months!) Then I didn't touch my drums again until 2007. Played a few shows again in late 2007, then split up again. Drums gathered dust in my singer's basement. Fast forward to now....

In January they called me to come over and "jam for old time's sake." To my dismay, my drums and cymbal stands were severely rusted due to moisture issues in his basement. After one jam, I decided I want to keep playing drums with or without this band. I just bought a new Tama Silverstar 6 pc and have been playing as much as possible. Trying to rid myself of bad habits, and eliminated the second bass drum to get back to basics. I still consider myself a rookie drummer but I'm learning....

Real name? Tom
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? Started bashing pots and pans when I was 5, sat behind a kit for the first time at 10, took it up seriously when I was about 13
Origin of user name? A nickname from an old girlfriend. Used it ever since.
Your top 5 drummers? Lars Ulrich (pre-2000s), Mike Portnoy, Dom Howard, Dave Grohl, Joey Jordison (all pretty obvious choices, I know)
Make of drumkit? My drum kit got stolen outside a gig and I've yet to replace it, but I did have a Pearl Export
Make of cymbal? Also stolen, but I mixed them around a fair bit. Had a Sabian AAX crash, Zildjian ZXT crash, Zildjian ZHT Ride and Meinl Soundcaster hats.
Where do you practice? Muthers Studios, Birmingham UK
Are you in a band? Sort of. Just me and a guitarist at the minute, still in the writing process.
Do you play covers or originals? Originals.
What style of music? Somewhere between hard rock, metal and a hint of prog
Favourite take out food? Pizza. With lots of meat on it
What country do you live in? England
One really odd fact about yourself? I have no sense of smell, haven't had one since birth.
How did you start drumming? Bashing pots and pans when I was a kid. Took it up more seriously after watching a Metallica live show on video and thought "I wanna be that guy!"

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

My name is Harm, but rest assured that i won't do you any, it is just a dutch name meaning soldier but that also does not apply to me.

I haven't really got a top five of drummers, but i do have some favorite drum breaks which make the people who played them my favorites i guess. I'll name three so you can get an impression, but they are in no way all of them.

1) Skull Snaps - It's a New Day
2) Melvin Bliss - Synthetic Substitution
3) Sly and the Family Stone - Sing a Simple Song

I heard these drums first listening to hip-hop as a teenager and back then i though the dj's made them, i was clueless.

At this point i don't practice at home, i sold my Roland TD4k because of the fact i cannot get used to the sound of e-drums and am waiting for my jazz-kit to arrive. Besides that i am in a stoner rock band and you can hear us play here and here or just check out our channel. All of our tracks are our own songs and recorded in one go.

I live in Holland like i stated earlier and one odd fact about myself is that i like to bite my thumb, probably ever since my mother forced me to quit sucking it.

I started drumming by coincidence really, a friend of mine needed a drummer for his band and that is how i started out.

hi . my name is bill i m from greece .. i ve been drumming for about 2 years and i m so interesting in music and drumming ... i m doing whatever i can to make my country famous in music industry because as you know here in greece things are not so good...

my current band is paraksenes skies ( strange shadows in englisH) and we play greek progressive rock music ...

now i m in making drum covers on youtube ... my channel althought is this if you want to check it http://www.youtube.com/user/musicheaven92/videos

i hope from you to welcome me :)

Real name? Adam Moore
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? About two years - played bass guitar for over 25 yrs before picking up the sticks
Origin of user name? Kind of obvious, but I play Taye drums and am an old hippie at heart, so as a play on words: Tie-dyed ----> Taye-Dyed
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Carl Palmer, Ginger Baker
Make of drumkit? Taye Studiomaple
Make of cymbal? A mixture of makes: Zildjian K Custom Dark 14" hi-hats, Sabian AAXplosion 16" crash, Paiste 18" Giant Beat Crash/Ride, Paiste 2002 20" Ride
Where do you practice? I am lucky to have a music room at home that fits my acoustic drums as well as a cheapo electronic kit and my bass rig.
Are you in a band? Two of them. Rusty Knox Band and J.A.M.B. (Jack, Adam, Miller and Burks)
Do you play covers or originals? The first band 90% originals, 10% covers. The second one the exact opposite.
What style of music? Americana, Blues.
Favourite take out food? Thai or Chinese
One really odd fact about yourself? How I ended up becoming a drummer in my mid-40's is kind of an odd story. See below!!!
How did you start drumming? A couple of years ago, I picked up a djembe at an open jam for the fun of it and ended up getting invited to join a band as a percussionist and then switched to the kit shortly after that.

Last edited:
Hi guys
My real name is Daniel, I'm from Argentina.
To make it short, drummers were always kind of special to me, ever since I heard my first beatle song, way back in 1970. Ringo Starr was my hero, specially because everybody picked on him, like if the other three guys were making him a favor by letting him play drums with them. So I felt sorry for Ringo and started to study why he did what he did and how he did it and started to make comparisons, friendly comparisons of course with other drummers: Bonham, Moon, Baker, Mitchell, Watts, etc. And that is why I'm here. To learn more, to share more and to have fun. And that's all. My best to you.

Andreas Losiewicz

Hello everyone!
I'm Andreas Losiewicz, 19 yrs old, from Norway.
I have been playing for 14 yrs. I play all kinds of styles and all kinds of percussion instruments. I love playing the drum set as much as the mallet instruments.
Today I'm playing in one of Norway's best wind bands.
I also play in a big band and a jazz band.

I practice for at least 3 hours everyday, and I like to advance myself in musicianship. If you can play a tricky rythm, it's fine, but you also have to create music out of it.
I love the groove-feeling and climax in tunes.

This is a little about me :)

And remember, always make music out of drumming!

Jannetta and Leonetta

Hi Folks

Real name? My name Jannetta, but I have actually joined the forum on behalf of my 13 year old daughter. Maybe she can join herself later, but in the meantime, my purpose for joining is to get some advice from those in the know.

Age? I'm ancient and my drum playing daughter is 13.

How long have you been playing? She has been playing since last year September when her father gave her a second hand drum kit for her birthday.

Origin of user name? My name

Your top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Christian Coma

Make of drumkit? Unknown

Make of cymbal? Unknown

Where do you practice? In her room

Are you in a band? Yes she is

Do you play covers or originals? Covers

What style of music? Rock

Favourite take out food? Pizza

What country do you live in? England

One really odd fact about yourself? I asked her and she says: "Everything". I don't know whether that refers to me or to her. Maybe both.

How did you start drumming? Verbatim answer by my daughter: "By buying drums and hitting them with drum sticks"

Attachments

• JannettaLeonetta.png
    JannettaLeonetta.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 701
  • drums.png
    drums.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 727
Hi All!
Real name? Eric
Age? 42
How long have you been playing: 15 years then retired myself due to career for 12 years, picked back up 5 years ago.
Origin of user name: Nickname from friends based on last name
Top 5 drummers:John Bonham, Neil Peart, Carter Beauford, Tim Hobson, Dave Abbruzzese
Make of drumkit: Tama
Make of cymbal: Zildjian
Where do you practice: Basement Dungeon
Are you in a band: No
What style of music: Mostly rock
Favourite take out food: Pizza
What country do you live in: US
One really odd fact about yourself: My entire existence is pretty odd.
How did you start drumming: My brother-in-law inspired me when I was 12.

Real name? Aaron Tremblay

Age? 26

How long have you been playing? 16 years

Origin of user name? It's my first initial and last name :)

Your top 5 drummers? Oh man, tough question... Without sounding too un-original: Neil Peart, Riley Breckenridge (Thrice) Jeremy "B-Wack" Bush (David Crowder Band) Kurt Sodergren (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) and Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band)

Make of drumkit? Premier Artist Maple (from when they were still made in Britan!)

Make of cymbal? All Zildjians, A's and A Customs for now!

Where do you practice? At Home and Church

Are you in a band? Been in a few, currently in worship band at church

Do you play covers or originals? I play both! I love replicating what other great drummers have created and blending some of that with my own style.

What style of music? Pretty much all, from jazz and swing to metal, rock, alternative, pop etc...

Favourite take out food? Chipotle probably!

One really odd fact about yourself? I can't think of a good one, I'll come back to this later!

How did you start drumming? I got interested in it after I built a whole drumset out of my mom's pots and pans when I was about 7 or 8, then I terrorized the family with real drums since I was 10 years old! The very first songs I ever learned how to play were from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's self named album!

Real name? Morgan Zwicker
Age? 16
How long have you been playing? 6 years
Origin of user name? "Mo Schmo" was my rapper name when I was 10. It's a long story.
Your top 5 drummers? Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Stanton Moore, Benny Greb, Brian Blade
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina and Pearl Forum
Make of cymbal? Sabian and Paiste
Where do you practice? Home; drum room and basement
Are you in a band? Yes, Teranova...http://www.facebook.com/TeranovaBand
Do you play covers or originals? Originals, with a few covers
What style of music? Progressive Rock is my band, I also play lots of jazz
Favourite take out food? Garlic Fingers
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? As mentioned above; I was a rapper when I was 10.
How did you start drumming? My brother played guitar, and I didn't want to do the same thing as him, but I loved music. So I asked my parents for a drum set for Christmas.

Hi Guys I've just registered to the forum and I want to introduce myself

Real name? Bence Szokolai
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? almost 4years
Origin of user name? It is a very long mutation from my surname :)
Your top 5 drummers? Chad Smith,Jojo Mayer,Travis Baker,Rob Bourdon,Brandon Barnes
Make of drumkit? Magnum drum set / poor country,poor guy,poor drum... =/ /
Make of cymbal? Sabian/Meinl
Where do you practice? At home
Are you in a band? Yes, we play punk https://www.facebook.com/PerfectLieBand or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpL1IYH3eCk&context=C39cfe39ADOEgsToPDskIZwvuDbbrl67C49MRtVgJY
Do you play covers or originals? Both, but prefer originals
What style of music? Indie, rock
What country do you live in? Hungary
One really odd fact about yourself? Umm..I played waterpolo as a hobby
How did you start drumming? I don't know.I always loved to play on drums

HI all - I'm Ken

This is me. Been lurking for a bit, posting occasionally. Been a member, moderator and owner of many forums over the years across all types of interests, from photography, to diving, to gardening, to home audio, automotive and drums.

Drummerworld is in a time of transition - but no different from any other forum. Early adopters long for the good ol' days, new comers ask questions that have been asked, there are acrimonious splits. leadership changes, etc. But the same Forum truths exist here as they do on any other vBulletin Forum: Content lives forever - choose your words carefully, and be yourself. Characters and content are what forums are about.

The forums are where all the real information is. I drive people to forums of their specific interest whenever they need to know anything from real people. This forum is loaded with super content and great tips - I really like it here.

More about me:

Real name? Ken

Age? 51

How long have you been playing? Pics of me with wood spoons on pots at age 1. Had sticks around forever. Matching band (Timpani) in HS. First kit was a used Tama Imperial Star I paid on for months and brought home April 27th, 1979. Been playing drums almost every day since.

Origin of user name? Been my user name on every forum since forums were called 'lists'

Your top 5 drummers?
Wow. Uh, Tony Brock, Roger Meadows Taylor, Neil, Mike Portnoy, Dennis Chambers

Make of drumkit? Main rig: 1996 Keller DW. Back up rigs too numerous to mention

Make of cymbal?
I use mostly Zildjian K Custom Darks. I have Sabian effects stuff, a few Wuhon China's.

Where do you practice? My home studio

Are you in a band?
Too many. I'm a collaborative artist. The phone rings, I go.

Do you play covers or originals? Yes.

What style of music? Prog, Rock, Pop, Metal, Gospel, CCM, Indy, Latin, Jazz... whatever. Its music. Who wants only one flavor on their plate?

Favourite take out food? Something healthy with lots of protein. I'm a gym rat.

What country do you live in? SoCal

One really odd fact about yourself? I've never had a drum lesson.

How did you start drumming?
I don't ever remember not drumming.

hi guys i've just registered at this forum and i would like to introduce my self..

REAL NAME? haryo oratama dewandaru

AGE? 22

ORIGIN OF USERNAME? my friend called me aryo.

YOUR TOP 5 DRUMMERS? steve gadd,david garibaldi,benny greb, sandy winarta (indonesian drummer),rayendra sunito(indonesian drummer)

MAKE OF DRUMKIT? i have premier outfit 303.. yes its a vintage drumset.

MAKE OF CYMBAL? i us lot of cymbals i use TRX,STAGG,PAISTE,ZILDJIAN,MEINL

WHERE DO YOU PRACTICE? at hom and at studio sometimes when i got rehearsal eith band

ARE YOU IN BAND? yes. of course :) i play in many different band and different style music.. and i enjoy with that... http://www.facebook.com/pages/SEEMS/112090582157919?sk=app_2405167945
http://www.reverbnation.com/enerudji

DO YOU PLAY COVERS OR ORIGINALS? both of that. but i like and prefer play some originals stuff. more exciting and challanging.. :)

WHAT STYLE OF MUSIC? jazz,rock,pop,funk,

WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN? indonesia

ONE REALLY ODD FACT ABOUT YOURSELF? simple. i love all everything about art... gear addict...

Hey people! I posted a pic of my new DW kit but thought I might as well make it official.

Real name? Chris Lorentzen
Age? 47
How long have you been playing? 15 years. Took a 10 year "break" then decided I missed it too much and built a new kit.
Origin of user name? Sounded cool ( to me at least) and I'm a big "A L I E N" fan. :)
Your top 5 drummers? Tommy Aldridge, Cozy Powell, Tommy Lee, Steve Smith, Danny Carey Love the rock drummers..
Make of drumkit? DW Performance Series
Make of cymbal? Paiste 2002
Where do you practice? Garage converted to play room for kids/ drum room.
Are you in a band? No...thinking about it.
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming? Was in junior high and the school band put on an assembly. The drummer did a quick solo during "Wipeout" and I was hooked.
During the 80's I was in a "hair band" and played all the great local Hollywood clubs (The Whiskey a Go-Go, The Troubadour, The Roxy, Gazarri's) We were really popular...headlined shows with GnR, Warrant, Poison and actually almost got signed before we broke up.

Anyway...love the site and all the good information I get here. Been awhile since I played and see that alot has changed! :)

Oh...here's my new kit...
317311_1941779798866_1673582858_1285627_1626181192_n.jpg

Back